Lind Oddities..

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Jim Mcintyre

Lind Oddities..

Post by Jim Mcintyre »

Has anyone got any rare or unusual Bob items?

Ihave a reel to reel copy of Dont be Concerned ..for some reason it has two tracks missing..Counting and It wasnt just the morning...price sticker says $7.95

Also have a Stereo Little LP format of Dont be Concerned with six tracks ..33 RPM and same size as a single..made for jukeboxes i think

Any other interesting items anyone?

Jim
we may have touched
Danny Harris

Re: Lind Oddities..

Post by Danny Harris »

Jim Mcintyre wrote:Has anyone got any rare or unusual Bob items?

Any other interesting items anyone?

Jim
I think I have an advance copy of a 45 with "Remember The Rain", as provided to an Australian radio station for air-play...
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

I don't have it any more - but hte first Lindabilia that I owned was actually a 4-track EP (vinyl of course) with the songs:

Elusive Butterfly
Cheryl's Goin' Home
It Wasn't Just the Morning
I Can't Walk roads of Anger

Some time later I managed to find the album Don't Be Concerned, which of course had all those songs and made the EP redundant, so I swapped the EP with a friend in return for a Simon and Garfunkel single.

The album, along with a number of others, was ruined in the Darwin cyclone of 1974, and from that time on I was Lindless until about 2002 when I acquired the Footsteps CD from an online retailer.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

bob_32_116 wrote:

The album, along with a number of others, was ruined in the Darwin cyclone of 1974, and from that time on I was Lindless until about 2002 when I acquired the Footsteps CD from an online retailer.
ah...Cyclone Tracey...my brother & family had to evacuate from Darwin to flee this ol' girl - lost their home and all possessions...

so somewhere, buried in the Darwin mud, or swept out to sea, is a Lind album, eh, Bob32??

...where are the salvage teams when you need 'em...?!
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."