Desperately loooking for one of Bob's songs containing ....

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

JanDic

Desperately loooking for one of Bob's songs containing ....

Post by JanDic »

Mathematical symbols suspend time - anyone know which of Bob's songs contain those words?
Thanks in advance.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Re: Desperately loooking for one of Bob's songs containing ....

Post by Lind »

Hello, A.J., Welcome to the board. Man I'm stumped on this one. I can't think of any of my songs with a line like that in it. But be patient, There are fans on this board who are still well aware of songs I've long forgotten about. Maybe one of them will be able to help us remember.
So check this thread now and then.
Stay close to the forum. It's good to have you with us.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Hi applejacket,

Wow, if this is the song I think it might be, you go a long way back with Bob, probably to the Bla Bla Cafe days. Could you be thinking of "Taking the Gamble Tonight?" There's no mathematical formula in the song that I know of, but the line is "...And our bodies are blended and time is suspended tonight. And I shine like a candle for taking the gamble tonight."
He hasn't played that song onstage for years and it was never recorded. I just remember it from some live tapes I heard of him, recorded at the Bla Bla circa 1977-78.

--Jill
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

It sounds a bit like the imagery evoked by "Counting", though those actual words don't appear in the song.