Billboard magazines & Bob

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

rob68

Billboard magazines & Bob

Post by rob68 »

I just discovered a great Google site where you can scroll through every page of old Billboard magazines dating all the way back to the 1940s.

I could spend weeks looking through these old issues! But I can't figure out how to save a page.

I see that page 39 of this issue has a full page ad for the Elusive Bob Lind album (sorry Bob).

http://books.google.com/books?id=6xAEAAAAMBAJ&dq

Click 'read this magazine' and scroll down to page 39.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
bob_32_116

Re: Billboard magazines & Bob

Post by bob_32_116 »

rob68 wrote:I just discovered a great Google site where you can scroll through every page of old Billboard magazines dating all the way back to the 1940s.

I could spend weeks looking through these old issues! But I can't figure out how to save a page.

I see that page 39 of this issue has a full page ad for the Elusive Bob Lind album (sorry Bob).

http://books.google.com/books?id=6xAEAAAAMBAJ&dq

Click 'read this magazine' and scroll down to page 39.
... and if you look at the world hit charts on the page after that, you will see Elusive Butterfly at No. 2 on the Australian chart, first week in!

Some issues are missing though, it's a shame they don't seem to have the one where it was No. 1 in Australia.

@rob68, on my browser I can save the page by right clicking on it - a menu comes up and one of the options is "Save Page As...". I am using Firefox 1, but I think your browser probably has a similar function.
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

Also on that page in the South African charts EB was at No5 by, is it Judy Page ??
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

Oh, there's a decent photo on p. 30, too! Small - I wonder if there's a way to zoom in....