End of the Road estival

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

TimothyTot

End of the Road estival

Post by TimothyTot »

Hi Bob,so excited by the news that you're playing the End of the Road festival over here in September....your music has given me loads of pleasure over the years so would love to buy you a pint of cider there to say thanks!! best regards from sunny Cornwall,Pete Mitchell
grant
Admonkeystrator

Re: End of the Road estival

Post by grant »

Cornwall! Pasties, pixies and St. Pirran!

I hear they even have surfing....
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

Damn it! Seems I will be in France for this concert. Bob, are you doing anymore gigs while you are over here???? Please say yes.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

Psst! John! Over here! At this juncture, it looks like Lind will be at the Luminaire the Thursday before the festival.
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

Still away on holiday for the Luminaire Grant. Anything after the festival?
TimothyTot

Post by TimothyTot »

Hi Admonkeystrator...it seems you know much of our lovely county and of our ways ,have you travelled this way?
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

I have to admit I never have. I'm good friends with a Cornish scholar and friends with another writer (this guy, who's funny and talented and all that) with ties to the area.

Someday, I'll be there.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Pete, in red-faced better-late-than-neverness, let me welcome you to the board. I'm usually more prompt but now and then I get side-tracked.
Good to have you with us. If you make the EotR festival, come up and say hello after the show. I'm looking forward to it.
All the best to you. Stay close to the forum.
TimothyTot

Post by TimothyTot »

Hi Bob,thanks for the reply...we're all getting excited down here as the EOTRF is less than a fortnight away now,so it's time to start checking tents etc.I've not been before but a couple people from our local village go every year and they say it's a wonderful friendly atmosphere.Thanks for the invite to drop by after your set and say hello it will be great to meet you,here's hoping for good weather! Best regards Pete Mitchell
David Swann

Post by David Swann »

Dear Bob, I just wanted to write a quick note to thank you for an inspiring performance at the End of the Road Festival. I was in extremely pleasant sunshine-hangover mode when you came onstage, and would probably still be there now, sinking slowly into the Dorset haze, had I not suddenly sat bolt upright when you began that first song, 'Let it Go'. I don't know if you've ever heard of an English poet and short story writer called David Constantine. In his book, 'The Shieling', he says: "When reading a poem, often what dawns on you is a thing you knew already but had forgotten or didn't know well enough and now the lines with a vengeance will remind you and make you know it this time close and true." I loved your whole set, but the opening song had this effect on me. Now I know it close and true, and I will use words from that lyric to try to inspire my students at the University where I teach. There are so many gardens that need to grow! "Let it go, let it go!" Thank you very much. Can't wait till you put out those new songs out on a CD!
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hi David, for some baffling techno reason, I'm just now seeing this post of yours. Thanks for the kind words. The EotR was like some fantastic dream to me and it's great to hear responses to it. Forgive the delay.