Appreciation

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

GeorgepEp

Appreciation

Post by GeorgepEp »

This is more than music. It's dreams and hopes and desires. When I was young, I would buy a copy of The Elusive Bob Lind for anyone who was struggling with a break-up, self-image issues, or other problems. In this music, with the wonderful imagery, especially my all time favorite, Counting, I found much joy and shared it.

I appreciate this opportunity to thank the person who brought this fine art to the world.

Sadly, I gave away my own copy of Elusive to my brother, after his divorce, many years ago. And when I went to buy another, they were no longer available. So I went for many years just listening to the singles, hoping to catch Elusive Butterfly on the radio, and sometimes I turned to my sheet music (including the unrecorded verses).

Imagine my excitement when I found that the Internet gave me back that part of my life that was missing. I was able to get CDs of the songs from Elusive AND Photographs of Feelings PLUS Since There Were Circles.

Many thanks.
GerBear
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Re: Appreciation

Post by Lind »

Hey GB,
Thanks for the wonderful words. Inspiring stuff.
Welcome to the board.
Indeed the old songs are now available on the web. And my Live CD (released in 2006) is also available here.

Stay close to the forum. It's good to have you with us.
Yers,
Lind