Thank You

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

PhillipTub

Thank You

Post by PhillipTub »

Wow, I can't believe I'm here on Bob Lind.com. Hi, my name is Eric, and I'm writing from the Cape Canaveral/ Brevard County area of Florida. And needless to say, it's a real honor to be a member - and a fantastic opportunity to get to know many of those who understand just how excellent of a singer/songwriter Bob Lind really is. Thank You For This Site!
This brings back a whole lot of memories for me. At the age of 12, I remember buying the "Don't Be Concerned" album at Colony Records in Manhattan. I had purchased a number of "singles" before that time, but that was the first album I ever bought. I clearly remember heading home on the Staten Island ferry, staring at the record and hoping it would be as good as I had hoped. Little did I know that it would be so good, it was as if I had bought a Greatest Hits album. I mean, every song is great. I was blown away by the originality, the artistry, and especially the honesty in every note, every lyric. I used to sing along with the album in my room. Eventually - at the time at least - I came to know every word.
Over the years, I always wondered what Bob Lind was up to. I got my first PC rather late in the game, but when I did I looked him up on the net sometime during the first day. I was disappointed that the information then was, to put it mildly, skimpy. Something about him living in the southwest or something, and occasionally doing the odd appearance. A check again a few years later yielded the same results.
Well, to make a long story short, I recently thought to try again. Amazing. Not only did this site come up - but further searches indicated that he's got two more albums out beyond the three 1966 records I have. And, it appears I can get everything - with the possible exception of "The Elusive Bob Lind" - on CD. Boy, these last few days have been noting less than great!
I hope it doesn't seem presumptuous of me to have chosen the screen name "Songwriter" on a site dedicated to one of the very best. Actually, I did that to honor Bob Lind. You see, it was listening to his music that inspired me to get an acoustic guitar and learn how to play. And, again with his inspiration, to start writing songs. I really don't sing too great or play too great, but I've written many, many songs. And if you write a whole lot of stuff, every now and then come up with things that you are particularly proud of. And one way or another, I can hear and feel the influence of his music in my better works to this day. So, for all the joy you've brought to my life in so many ways over all these many years... Thank You Bob Lind.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Re: Thank You

Post by Lind »

Hey SW. Great to have you with us. Thanks for the kind words. Glad you're aware of the new stuff. Hope you like it as much as you did the 60s albums.

Stay close to the board. It's good to have your input.
Lost In The Crash

Re: Thank You

Post by Lost In The Crash »

[quote="Lind"]Hey SW. Great to have you with us. Thanks for the kind words. Glad you're aware of the new stuff. Hope you like it as much as you did the 60s albums.

Stay close to the board. It's good to have your input.[/quote]

Hey, thanks for your reply! Yes, I intend to further explore your site over the next few weeks. And yes, I definitely intend to upgrade my Bob Lind music collection to include all available CDs. I see that the "first two album" set seems to be currently unavailable at J&R music. Your newer two albums appear to be available on eBay - and of course the live one can be had through this site. And this brings up an important question. I definitely plan to be present at your next Florida performance. Will any or all of your CDs be available for purchase at the show? If so, I will simply buy them there, thereby cutting out the middleman and assuring that whatever profits that are made will go completely to you. I mean, if somebody's going to make a few extra bucks on them anyway, why not the guy who came up with all that great music in the first place?
I know you must be very busy. So I am all the more impressed and elated that you took the time to reply to me. I promise not to abuse the privilege, but just a little guidance on how I should go about getting your CDs would be extremely helpful. I hope all is well with you, and I remain very excited that I will finally be seeing you live for the very first time, very soon. Thank you so much Mr. Lind. I look forward to seeing you soon.