Western State College?

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

WilliamPax

Western State College?

Post by WilliamPax »

Bob,
I believe you and I went to Western State College at the same time.(63-64/65) I hung out with Larry (Buck) Kelly then.
Nice to see you still writing and performing!
Anna Christine (Holden) Gourley
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Re: Western State College?

Post by Lind »

Hi Anna, Welcome to the board. Guilty as charged. I did indeed go to Western State and Buck was a friend of mine.
Stay close to the forum. Good to have another alum with us. There are several Mountaineer members here who there when we were.
Yers,
Bob
uncleron

Post by uncleron »

Good to see you've done well Bob. I always wondered if it was true that you were the same Bob Lind that wrote that great song "Elusive Butterfly". I attended Western State in 61/62 and after looking at my grades decided that joining the Army to beat the draft was a better use of my time. First heard your song when I was in Germany somewhere around 65 or 66. Now here I am retired in Wisconsin and trying my best to learn to play guitar for the umpteenth time. I'll look for you if you ever play in the Madison area.

Don Hillard
Eldarllk

Post by Eldarllk »

This is an old thread but I heard Elusive Butterfly the other day and it took me back to my originally intended career path in radio. It was the late 1970s and I was working at WSC's KWSB-FM spinning vinyl and reading news from the teletype. One of the songs I would play was your Elusive Butterfly. Glad to see you are back in music. As for me, radio has changed forever and there is no going back. Maybe the Alumni Association can book you for Homecoming one of these years! Thanks for the memories!
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Welcome to the board Brett.