Pulp - Bob Lind (The Only Way Is Down)

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

bob_32_116

Pulp - Bob Lind (The Only Way Is Down)

Post by bob_32_116 »

I finally satisfied my curiosity and managed to locate this on the Net, and guess what, it's a bloody good song!

I've heard a couple of songs by Pulp and thought they were OK, nothing to rave about- but this song impresses me quite a lot. You can find it here - give it a listen:

http://beemp3.com/download.php?file=235 ... g=Bob+Lind

I don't believe Bob actually gets mentioned in the song, but it does have a Lind-like quality, to my ears, rather reminiscent of Truly Julie's Blues. I'm not overkeen on Jarvis Cocker's singing style, he always sounds happy even when singing a sad song. What they should do is recruit the REAL Bob Lind as lead vocalist, and let Lind and Cocker collaborate on the songwriting, I think they would do rather well. What do you think?
grant
Admonkeystrator

Re: Pulp - Bob Lind (The Only Way Is Down)

Post by grant »

It'd certainly make for an interesting album....
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

Thank you Bob numbers. I've been wondering what that song sounded like for a long time and my searches on the net have been in vain. I recently tracked down the Nancy Sinatra version of 'Long Time Woman' on Spotify, which I like but prefer Bob's more folky version. Still searching for Richie Havens version of 'How the nights can fly.'
A question for Bob, (not numbers,) on Spotify. How do you obtain your royalties from them? Both your first 2 albums are available to listen to though not download. The new U2 album is there and James Taylor new offering and many current releases. So if you can listen to them as and when you wish there isn't therefore a great incentive to buy a copy.
Would love to hear your views.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

[quote="John Duncan"]Still searching for Richie Havens version of 'How the nights can fly.'
Hey John - I bought it from ITunes - from "Cuts to the Chase" album...
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."