Photographs with Feeling

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

bob_32_116

Photographs with Feeling

Post by bob_32_116 »

Currently showing in Perth is an outdoor exhibition of photographs "The Earth From Above", by Yann Arthus Bertrand, a French photographer. See his exhibition if you can, otherwise visit the website and check out these stunning photographs.

One of them is an aerial view of the Florida Everglades, a place where apparently Bob Lind worked for some time as a guide. Looking at this photo makes me wish I had managed to get down there while I was in the U.S. I am guessing this would be a good habitat for... ummm... butterflies.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

If you'd really like some beautiful Everglades photography, I recommend the large-format prints of Clyde Butcher.

He's a master. This photo I believe was taken not too far from where Mr. Lind did his swamp guiding.
sueormrod

Post by sueormrod »

Agree with you about the beautiful pictures of The Earth From Above - well worth a visit! You see, Perth has everything EXCEPT Bob Lind.

I didn't know he had been a swamp guide? Nobody tells me anything ... Looking forward very much to the new book, but think I will have to wait for the normal-size type to come out!
I am a Bob Lind fan going back 40 years. His music has been a part of my life ever since then.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

sueormrod wrote:
I didn't know he had been a swamp guide? Nobody tells me anything ...
It's all here, buried deep somewhere in the annals of this forum - but as a new arrival you are not to know that. The forum archives are full of strange treasures.

Tourist: "ARRRGGHHH! Snake! Get me away! Can't stand snakes!"

B.L. "Don't be concerned; it will not harm you..."
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

or..."You're primed for The Reptile, Mister!"
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."