First borns for tickets?

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

sueormrod

First borns for tickets?

Post by sueormrod »

After due consideration over some weeks, I have decided that, if it will bring Bob to Australia, I am prepared to give up my first born.
I have not yet discussed this with him, and it may come as a bit of a surprise to a balding IT man who lives in the wilds of Berkshire, England, that he is being so offered up, but he was always abok for a good adventure, and this one may appeal to him.
Now - who else is prepared to join me in this sacrifice, and where do we sign up to give these lambs away??
I am a Bob Lind fan going back 40 years. His music has been a part of my life ever since then.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Admittedly, Suzie, there have been times when I was sorely so tempted...

...being a greedy so-and-so, I am more inclined to enjoy the pleasures of both my darlin' li'l girl (now 24), AND keeping toes and fingers crossed that our man can wing our way - soon.

...with the Aussie summer almost upon us, quite a few out-door concerts are programmed - e.g. last summer CSN, I think?

...so, who knows...a Lind tour, either top-billing or support to another great act - I'm not fussy- is not impossible...
Susanne Gilmore

Post by Susanne Gilmore »

I wholeheartedly support your bid to bring Bob to Australia. After all, Southern California is on the way there from Florida, so a stop here for a show or two or three would be a natural to add to the itinerary.
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

Glad to hear that there is some support from the USA about bringing Bob over here to Oz. Just because we are so far out doesn't mean we should be left out!
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

John Cougar Mellencamp and Cheryl Crow are playing at an outdoor concert venue here in Perth this weekend. Not that I am a massive fan of either of those two, but I mention it to show that we do have the venues and the audiences!

If you play an outdoor venue here though, better make sure the weather forecast is for a fairly calm evening. Apparently people were "blown away" last night, and not in the way they wanted - i.e. the wind made it difficult for those not seated near the front to hear the performers. The easterlies can be brisk this time of year.
Sue O

Post by Sue O »

Come to Perth and get blown away - gives a whole new meaning!
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Cut it out, you two...!

Hmmm...Perth, eh?

...the bride and I honeymooned there in '83...haven't visited since...

...a Lind concert might convince her, tho' ...if I wheedled and cajoled, grovelled and entreated sufficiently...