Covers??

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

royb404

Covers??

Post by royb404 »

I am almost positive this has been cover. If so forgive me.
What to y'all think is the BEST and the WORST cover of a Bob lind song??
I personally think "Cheryl's Goin' Home " by "The Blues Project" is the best.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

I don't believe I have heard ANY Lind covers at all, unless you count that YouTube clip of John Otway doing Cheryl's Goin' Home, which is ... ummmm... different...

Correction: a long time ago I did see and here Australian entertainer Reg Livermore sing Elusive Butterfly on his TV program. I don't believe he recorded it, it was just performed for that episode. It was OK, but nothing special, I probably wouldn't have flipped over the song if I hadn't heard the Bob Lind original.

I very much liked some of Cher's early work with Sonny, so I imagine her Lind covers would sound pretty good, especially if Sonny did the producing.

The one I am most curious about is Mister Zero, by Keith Relf. I simply cannot imagine how that would sound. Anyone here heard it?
Danny Harris

Re: Covers??

Post by Danny Harris »

bob_32_116 wrote:The one I am most curious about is Mister Zero, by Keith Relf. I simply cannot imagine how that would sound. Anyone here heard it?
Hey Bob Thirty-two Underscore etc. - I actually have this version - I'll endeavour to zoom it over to you soon..
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."
rob68

Post by rob68 »

You Tube is your friend, bob numbers......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SwXpijNlxc
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Aw shucks...you young folk, and your new-fangled contraptions...
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Thanks, rob68, I just listened to it.

I don't think it's as good as the original, but it's not a bad rendition by any means. The delivery sounds rather lacking in emotion at the start, but improves a bit as he gets into the song.

The beginning of the track sounds like "Counting". Maybe they were going to do that song, then changed their minds at the last minute and decided to do Mister Zero instead?

I like the use of the bell at the end, where it reminds me of the bell signalling the end of a fight (Which Mister Zero has lost).
Maddo

Post by Maddo »

Agreed with you Bob Numbers.... I reckon it certainly lacks any depth of emotion...nice diction though.