"Hey Nellie, Nellie."

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Danny Harris

"Hey Nellie, Nellie."

Post by Danny Harris »

"Hey Nellie, Nellie"...

..fingers crossed for another verse (at least), with reference to the first African-American President...???
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hey Danny, Much as I hate to talk about that god-awful ELUSIVE BOB LIND album, I want to make sure the record is set straight. Although I'm shabbily and mistakenly credited with writing "Hey Nellie Nellie" by the bandits who bootlegged it (too lazy and uncaring to bother researching the REAL writers), it was Shel Silverstein and Jim Friedman who wrote that powerful, important song.
The Verve people also credit me with writing "Pastures of Plenty" -- the Woody Guthrie classic -- and even "The Times They Are a-Changing." (How slovenly do you have to be to get that one wrong.)

Anyway, keeping politics out of it, if another verse gets written, it will have to be written by someone else.

BTW, if you like that song, there's a Denver folksinger named Walt Conley who does a great version of it. I think it may be available on the web.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Thanks, Bob. A burst of fervour from yours truly, there...

And...let's not mention THAT album again...lest the artist jumps into his car and drives over to my house to pop one on my nose..!!