Truly a great songwriter performer

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

wardlamb

Truly a great songwriter performer

Post by wardlamb »

I still remember how the songs of Bob Lind affected me as a young man.
and..
I think Cher's cover of "Come to your window" is my favorite Imperial Cher song.
I love the music of Bob lind!
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hey Wardlamb. Good to have you with us. I like Cher's "CTYW" too. I wish they wouldn't have faded it that way, but back then -- pre-"Like a Rolling Stone" -- they had to be concerned about time. D.J.'s wouldn't touch anything over 3:15. Only Marty Robbins' "El Paso" had gotten air play before then.
But all in all, I agree, she sings it with a lot of heart. She and Sonny were both incredibly generous to me back in those days. Her "CTYW" was released months before my "Elusive Butterfly" was recorded.

Thanks for the kind words. I hope you're aware of the newer songs too -- the demos on the Playlist and my 2006 Live CD, available elsewhere on this site.

Stay close to the board. We're glad to have you.
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

Ah yes, Ward Lamb.......superstar of Cher fans......talented artist.

(tried to post the link to his website, but got a message saying those with under 10 posts weren't allowed.......ahem)

Ward also contributed liner notes to the great Rhino Handmade CD release of Cher's 3614 Jackson Highway. Nice to see you here!

(This is Rob......I was logged in when I posted this......crazy website madness I guess.
Last edited by Lost In The Crash on Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Anyway, here's the link....

http://www.wardlamb.com
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....