A fan from the beginning

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

johnahlness

A fan from the beginning

Post by johnahlness »

Hello Bob,
I was delighted to find your website and to have the opportunity to write to you. I've been a fan since "Butterfly." In 1965-66-67 I was in the U.S. Army in Germany. I was able to purchase 3 of your albums in the PX and just about wore them out. One of them "The Elusive Bob Lind" contained a song entitled "Gold Mine Blues" which became one of my many favorites. I've been surfing Amazon where a few new CD's are being offered but none contain that particular song. I'm just curious, was this album (or song) only released in Europe? I've purchased the digitally remastered CD and no doubt I will wear that out too. Do you ever appear in the Chicago area? It would be a thrill to see you in person. I've always considered your songs to be pure poetry set to music. Good luck and continued success.
John Ahlness
jeffbenton

Post by jeffbenton »

Check Bob's gig page---he'll be in New York Oct. 16. Try to get there...you'll never forget it!

West Florida Summer's Child
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Welcome to the board Johnahlness. Good to have you with us.
I'm glad to hear you like the old songs, but I hope you're aware of the new things too, particularly the live CD offered exculsively on this site and at my gigs.
Stay close to the forum, John.