Pumped about the song Dale Anne

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

morecowbell73

Pumped about the song Dale Anne

Post by morecowbell73 »

:D This is a post for Bob Lind. I was surprised to find a song with my name in it. I'm guessing it's the one and only as my name is not all that common. Has to be at least one other Dale Anne out there as I know that the song is not about me :lol: 1) because we've never met and 2) because the woman in the song sounds really sad and meloncholy and I am the exact opposite. Very cool, thanks for the song.
Dale Anne
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Welcome to the board Dale Anne. Since putting this site up, I've learned there are at least three of you. One woman wrote me saying she spells her name "Dayle" Anne, but I guess that counts.

Good to have all of you as members.
Peter Houghton

information on lp The Elusive Bob Lind

Post by Peter Houghton »

Although Bob doesnt agree with me I thought the elusive bob lind was tremendous with great songs like "What colour are you", "Wandering" and "Cool Summer". Unfortunately my vinyl copy was broken years ago. Does anyone know where I can obtain another copy on CD ? Or tape ? And I also love "Truly Julies Blues" What a song ! Peter Houghton.UK
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Hey Peter:-

Last time I looked on Amazon, it was there...

Yeah, I really like it too...I am firmly convinced (unlike the artist himself) that you can appreciate the original stuff, the old stuff, AND the new stuff...

I have this dream that Lind plays the land of Oz, and that his concerts here include songs from across his entire repertoire...
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

...would you believe "Dale AMBER"...?

...(missed by THAT much...)

...new union delegate at Grampians Wimmera Mallee Water shares at least part of her name with a Lind classic...

...fact is stranger than fiction...!
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

...aargh!

Why does technology hate me so much...!
Lost In The Crash

Re: information on lp The Elusive Bob Lind

Post by Lost In The Crash »

[quote="Peter Houghton"]Although Bob doesnt agree with me I thought the elusive bob lind was tremendous with great songs like "What colour are you", "Wandering" and "Cool Summer". Unfortunately my vinyl copy was broken years ago. Does anyone know where I can obtain another copy on CD ? Or tape ? And I also love "Truly Julies Blues" What a song ! Peter Houghton.UK[/quote]

I bought this album Nov 67 and while some of the songs might be a bit introspective e:g Cool Summer but then music is so personal anyway i always enjoyed it and still play it especially Wandering a lovely song and well performed. I suppose Bob might have been a bit P****d off with the hassle surrounding this album and maybe thats why he loves it a lot less than he should.