Bob Lind info on LyricWiki

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Wasn't me either, though it was something I've been meaning to do but time has been rather short lately. I'll be interested to see which version of the lyrics of the last verse of The World Is Just A B-Movie they have inserted. :)
bob_32_116

Re: Bob Lind info on LyricWiki

Post by bob_32_116 »

I just had a look at this Bob Lind lyrics page and discovered that under the entry for I Fall to You someone had carefully entered, word-perfect as far as I can tell, the words of Since There Were Circles!

I did not want to erase someone's good work, but there was nowhere to correctly place these, so I created a whole new entry for the Since There Were Circles album - the list of tracks is complete but they now all need their lyrics supplied, except for the title track and San Francisco Woman, which has the same lyrics as the version on Photographs of Feeling and the Footsteps album.

I then proceeded to enter the actual lyrics of I Fall To You. Since I don't have a printed set of lyrics I played the song about 5 times on my system and copied the words by ear (apologies to neighbouring flat-dwellers). I feel pretty confident about most of them, but I'd appreciate if someone would check - in particular I am unsure about the very first word of the song: "_____ like the moon across the sky"- is it "Racing"? I am not certain of the 3rd line either.

English Afternoon needs lyrics also. Thankfully Bob's diction is a lot better than many singers and it's possible to pick nearly every word with repeated listening. I want to know though, what comes just before "I'll find a way to get there soon"? Is it "Oh, Lord", or "Hold on"?

Further questions: at some stage, for completeness, we should add in the original studio albums (including the Verve album-that-dares-not-speak-its-name). I know that the order of the songs on Don't Be Concerned is the same order in which they appear on Footsteps, but does anyone know for certain the order of the tracks on the Photographs album? I heard this once when it was originally released, and I am almost certain that A Nameless Request was NOT Track 2.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Wow, BobNumbers. You are a great friend to this music of mine. Thanks for the hard work and for the heads up.
The truth is that I've been too long away from "English Afternoon" and "I Fall to You" to remember them. But it looks like you've pretty much nailed it.
The first line is "resting" not "racing" and to answer your other question, it's "Hold on." (I'll find a way to get there soon). I do remember that much.
Thanks so much for caring, and for bothering to do something that I'm just too lazy and too disinclined to do.

And as to the original poster -- the unselfish, hard-working soul who entered the first batch. I still stand in awe, not only of his/her devotion (the very act of attempting it) but of the astonishing accuracy. I've started to edit them and find there are almost no changes I have to make. As I remarked elsewhere on this thread, even my printed sheet music contains more errors than there are on this page.
Absolutely stunning.
And whoever he/she is remains a mystery. No one has come forward to receive my heartfelt gratitude.
So I say it once again. Thank you masked man (masked woman?).
Be well, be happy.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

To both Bob's...and all Lind fans Downunder...

"I'll find a way to get there soon..." ?????

We can only hope...
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

I thought the first word sounded more like "resting" than "racing", but I found it a little confusing since I thought it more likely that the moon would be "racing across the sky" than "resting" across it. Still, nothing like getting it from the horse's mouth!

I forgot to mention, I also took the liberty of inserting the URL of this site in the space where it allows you to give a link to the artist's official web page. It seems the unknown person who posted all those lyrics from Footsteps isn't a member here - which probably means he/she didn't know this site existed.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

You are a prince!
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

I have just finished entering the lyrics to most of the Circles album:

http://lyrics.wikia.com/Bob_Lind#Since_ ... .281971.29

I'd be appreciative if some of you would have a look and check. Feel free to correct my mistakes. There are a couple of places where I cannot make out the words and have inserted question marks.

I am still struggling with "Loser" if anyone feels inclined to try their hand at that song.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Bob Numbers you are absolute aces! Taking the time to do this and caring enough to make sure you got it right! Wow. I will check through the lyrics you posted when I get a chance, but I didn't want to delay a moment in thanking you for your obvious care and passion for my music.
I'm so fortunate to have you as a fan and supporter.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Lind wrote:Bob Numbers you are absolute aces! Taking the time to do this and caring enough to make sure you got it right! Wow. I will check through the lyrics you posted when I get a chance, but I didn't want to delay a moment in thanking you for your obvious care and passion for my music.
I'm so fortunate to have you as a fan and supporter.
The pleasure is all mine, Bob.