Bob Lind info on LyricWiki

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

bob_32_116

Bob Lind info on LyricWiki

Post by bob_32_116 »

I discovered that LyricWiki has an entry for Bob Lind but it is sorely lacking in data:

http://lyricwiki.org/Bob_Lind

Basically it only mentions the Footsteps album, and as far as i can tell only Elusive Butterfly has the lyrics supplied. No mention of Don't Be Concerned, Photographs of Feeling or the dreaded Verve album, nor STWC.

When I get the time I intend to add to this and flesh it out, but some of you may also like to help out. In case you don't know, anyone with Net access can set up an account there and contribute, or edit existing contributions.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Good idea, Bob 32...

(When you think of the great lyrics on this site already...)
Maddo

Post by Maddo »

Guys... Maybe see what Bob thinks about posting his work on THAT site.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Maddo wrote:Guys... Maybe see what Bob thinks about posting his work on THAT site.
Why do you say that Maddo? I don't see the difference between posting lyrics there or posting them in this forum. The sources are all acknowledged, it's not as though there are any copyright issues.
In any case, I'm sure that if Bob has any objection, he will say so.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

No objections at all fellows. Post away. I'm too lazy. Just keep all the words in the right order and spell everything right. Thanks.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Hmmm...hope these are in the right order, and spelt correctly...

"...as the love-struck and woe-begone runner below writes you a prayer in the snow..."

...from memory, fellas - so ease up if there's a MINOR glitch...!
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Danny Harris wrote:Hmmm...hope these are in the right order, and spelt correctly...

"...as the love-struck and woe-begone runner below writes you a prayer in the snow..."

...from memory, fellas - so ease up if there's a MINOR glitch...!
No problems - if there are any amusing glitches, they'll end up on http://www.kissthisguy.com.

In case you don't know this is a web site of amusing misheard lyrics. The name of the site is of course a reference to a line in a well-known song by Jimi Hendrix.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Hey Bob32 etc...

Like Herman's Hermits' "She's a Muscular Boy"? - which my great and late brother Tony would innocently sing in 64/65 ?

("She's a Must to Avoid").
Susanne Gilmore

Post by Susanne Gilmore »

Danny -
I guess that Herman's diction must have been bad! My mom made the same mistake that your brother did, and also thought that the words to the song were "she's a muscular boy." :roll:
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Susanne Gilmore wrote:Danny -
I guess that Herman's diction must have been bad! My mom made the same mistake that your brother did, and also thought that the words to the song were "she's a muscular boy." :roll:
I always heard that too!
I just checked on LyricWiki and it seems we are not the only ones who heard the title like that. There are also a number of other entries for songs by Herman's Hermits.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

..not to mention that Bob Lind classic - "Cheryl's Growin' Numb"...

sorry about that, Chief...
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

An unrelated matter...

As far as lyrics that crack me up goes, how about from "Come A Little Bit Closer", Jay and the Americans - "...and I heard the guitar player say: "Vamoose! Jose's on his way!".."

..and Marty Robbins' "El Paso" - "...I picked a good one, it looked like it could run"...

and Jackie De Shannon (The Searchers) "Every Time That You Walk In The Room" - "...meanwhile I try to act so nonchalent"

and the Dylan (recent) track (title escapes me), where he rhymes "crimson" with "limbs and"...

and Neil Young's clunker (I think) - "...my software is not compatible with (to?) you..."
Maddo

LyricWiki

Post by Maddo »

Bob in W.A. ...I only said that because of their warning on that site :

"Please note that all contributions to LyricWiki may be edited, altered, or removed by other contributors. If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly, then don't submit it here.

You are also promising us that you wrote this yourself, or copied it from a public domain or similar free resource (see Project:Copyrights for details). DO NOT SUBMIT COPYRIGHTED WORK WITHOUT PERMISSION"

But I see that Bob now has generously given his permission and you guys have been busily fillling in the gaps. Go to it. I'lll help if I get some more computer time. :wink:
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Okay, call me slow, call me distracted, call me neglectful but it was only today that I checked out LyricWiki and found to my amazement that someone has painstakingly typed in almost every lyric from YOU MIGHT HAVE HEARD MY FOOTSTEPS. And not only that, from what I've seen so far (I'm still making my way through them) they're accurate.
Such a selfless and kind thing to do....
Maddo? BobNumbers, Danny? Whoever took the time and effort to do this for me, will you please e-mail me so I can thank you myself.
Forgive the delay in mentioning it.
You turkeys are the best.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

...can't take the credit, Bob.

...my keyboard skills wouldn't permit, for a start...

Well done whoever did so, tho'...