Me On Worldwide Radio

Where's Bob now? Lind live shows, CD releases and media appearances.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Me On Worldwide Radio

Post by Lind »

Some of you are aware that I'll be in concert at the SCIENCE OF MIND CENTER in Boca Raton, Florida, on Saturday, June 7.
What you may not know is that I'll be shamelessly promoting the show on Michael Stock's FOLK & ACOUSTIC radio program this Sunday, June 1st. It's simulcast on the web, so even if you live way across the globe, you can still hear it.
I'll be on sometime between 2 and 4 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
To access the show, just go to http://www.wlrn.org/web/
Then, under "Listen Online," left click "91.3 FM News."
South Florida locals can simply tune in direct at 91.3 FM.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

...just finished listening to the interview...

...and a song which I haven't heard before...(title?)...

...so laid-back, so easy to enjoy, so interesting...

...sounds like a man at peace with himself and the world, who has a talent in which he loves to rest his mind/test his mind - and values the gratitude of those who share his work...

...hope this is not TOO gushing, folks...but, bloody hell, I appreciate this bloke's gift...':D'
Last edited by Danny Harris on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lou C.

Listen to it again

Post by Lou C. »

Hey, Danny. I think you're referring to one of Bob's newer songs, The Outsider's Dream. If you can still listen to the broadcast, listen to the song again. So many of Bob's songs, despite their angelic, floating melodies and their sweet and hopeful lyrics of safety, or security, or love or comfort, are from the point of view of someone who sees all of those definitions of his world as what could have been, or what used to be, or what he wishes might still could be. It's that tension in his songs that Bob referred to in the interview.

Bob, I hope you don't mind me sharing these here, since you've not posted them to the board yet (but now ... they're out in the public on the airwaves).

The song starts:
There was a man who dreamed a dream
It was a hard dream to forget about because
He was so different in the dream from how he really was

It ends with:
The night passed by and took the dream
And when the morning pressed the sun against his face
He woke to find his fingers clutching at the pillowcase
Like there was something more to get
Than tiny tinges of regret
And though he keeps the world at bay
He feels those tinges to this day
Last edited by Lou C. on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

...thanks Lou C. ...

...I guess that I'm still coming to grips with the notion of my discovering that the writer of my favourite song is still writing and performing today...

...think I'll pour out my soul just once on the appropriate forum, as to what Bob Lind means to me, then get on with the sheer pleasure of enjoying his works...

...maybe then I will be able to be more objective about the subject matter, and like you and others, glean more of the finer points regarding Bob's suggested state of mind at composing/delivery stage...

Thanks again for the title and lyrics - much appreciated..
Last edited by Danny Harris on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

You should be able to listen to the show by clicking this link, but you'll need something called "the Pando Player" which can be downloaded for free here.
Last edited by grant on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

...as I said, great interview...

...BUT... I would have liked these points being put to Bob...

1. When you walked away from fame, etc - did you, at the time, consider that it would be forever, or did you have ideas/plans of returning to playing & performing?

2. Are you considering playing/recording other as a solo artist - i.e. duo, or larger ?

3. Do you agree that your Australian fans are really great, and deserve a tour Downunder sooner, rather than later?

4. In your repertoire, I'm aware that you include Tom Paxton's "Bottle of Wine" - what other "other peoples" compositions do you/will you include, when you tour Australia shortly?':wink:'
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Danny Harris wrote:...as I said, great interview...

3. Do you agree that your Australian fans are really great, and deserve a tour Downunder sooner, rather than later?

4. In your repertoire, I'm aware that you include Tom Paxton's "Bottle of Wine" - what other "other peoples" compositions do you/will you include, when you tour Australia shortly?':wink:'
This sounds suspiciously like what's called "push polling".
:)
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

grant wrote:You should be able to listen to the show by clicking this link, but you'll need something called "the Pando Player" which can be downloaded for free here.
there does not appear to be a Linux version, unfortunately. :(
It's about time distributors of free software made it a matter of course to supply a Linux version, after all they take the trouble to supply one for the Mac as well as Windows....grumble grumble
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bob_32_116

Re: Listen to it again

Post by bob_32_116 »

Lou C. wrote: The song starts:
There was a man who dreamed a dream
It was a hard dream to forget about because
He was so different in the dream from how he really was

It ends with:
The night passed by and took the dream
And when the morning pressed the sun against his face
He woke to find his fingers clutching at the pillowcase
Like there was something more to get
Than tiny tinges of regret
And though he keeps the world at bay
He feels those tinges to this day
This reminds me very much of a wonderful song called Where We Would Be, by Porcupine Tree. I won't post all the lyrics, but the final two lines are:
Strange how you never become
The person you see when you're young
The full lyrics can be found here: http://lyricwiki.org/Porcupine_Tree:Where_We_Would_Be
It's on the same theme, a kind of bitter-sweet regret at how different things are from how you once thought they would be.
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Hey Bob_32 etc....

..I am somewhat technologically challenged myself, but maybe Maddo can help out with the Michael Stock interview...?