Sorry I missed your 2007 visit to England!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Allan Thompson

Sorry I missed your 2007 visit to England!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Allan Thompson »

Dear Bob,
Thanks for referring me to the three links covering last year's trip to England which sounds as if it was a resounding success. I was dismayed to learn that I had completely missed the fact that you were coming over. This was because much of 2007 was taken up with scans, X-rays, and tests, culminating in minor surgery to fix my right (plectrum-holding) hand. It's amazing how things like that can divert one's attention from important matters like music - and especially Bob Lind's trip to England!
Happily, the hand is fine now (which is more than I can say for the standard of my playing).
"Don't Be Concerned" was one of my favourite albums when I was stationed with the Royal Air Force in Singapore during the 1960s and I always hoped it would be released on CD. About a month ago I discovered the ACE CD containing your first two albums and I was able to renew acquaintance with those wonderful ethereal songs which delighted me so much the first time around. That led me to sending for "Live At The Luna Star Cafe" CD and "Since There Were Circles". I find it amazing that "Circles" never had a UK release.
Sorry if I seem to have been hogging the message board recently - I promise to give it a rest for a while.
Best wishes,
Allan.
Last edited by Allan Thompson on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

...keep posting, Allan...

...there are quite a few of us who feel the same way about Bob's work...

...it's enlightening to see how this bloke's music can affect people the world wide - despite cultures, backgrounds, influences...

...like you, I was resigned to the fact that I had been carried away '66-'68...

...SO good to get that feeling again - both with Linds's previous stuff AND his new stuff...