Recommendations? Bob's favorite artists?

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

bob_32_116

Re: that Vid

Post by bob_32_116 »

royb404 wrote:Bob I would like to know did you like the preformance or the song writing or both.
Good luck tonight friend.
Roy
Was this addressed to me, or to Mr Lind? Please clarify! :lol:

If it was to me, I liked the song AND the performance, but I have no idea what you are referring to in wishing me "good luck for tonight".
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

grant wrote:
bob_32_116 wrote:I gather this Tiger Mountain Peasant Song is not a Bob Lind song, correct?

Since we seem to be discussing non-B.L. material now, here's a clip that I think would appeal to many members of this forum. It's a cover - I haven't heard the original so I can't compare, but I think this version is a ripper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2Xf-ncDjGo
Oh, wow. Momus.

The original is by Momus, who are (is?) a little hard to explain. I only have a song or two by him on mix tapes, but the name pops up a lot. As a musician, he's sort of a bridge between pomo conceptual art and dance pop. Like if the Pet Shop Boys were suddenly possessed by members of Television, Leonard Cohen and Steve Reich. He also does a fair amount of writing and lecturing.

You can read more about him here, but in all the words it's easy to lose sight of the fact that a good deal of his music could be played in a Barcelona dance club without anyone thinking it was out of place - unless they caught the lyrics. He's got a cool site over here and you can hear a couple songs here and here.

Anyway, that's a great cover.
Just read that Wikipedia article. What a strange person! Sounds fascinating though.
royb404

Post by royb404 »

[

I like a lot of musical styles but my favourites are the folk-rock style of the late 60's and the melodic progressive rock of the late 60s/early 70s typified by Genesis, Pink Floyd, Moody Blues etc. You certainly don't hear any of that sort of music at the clubs. :([/quote]

I just read this. I have not Idea why??? But I am Roy?quote="bob_32_116"]
royb404 wrote: Johnny is of the "alternate" lifestyle. I know tha tfor a hard fact.
So I think none. Perhaps the V. People or Judy.
Roy
Yes, I think I knew that. Didn't he "come out" at about the same time as Elton John did??
Did you like Genesis with Peter?
I sort of did not after him for many years. Floyd is awesome "Wish You Were Here" is in my top 20 of all time. I saw the Moody Blues many times adn the best was in Ft. Worth great building for sound and the stage revolved round and round.
Last edited by royb404 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
royb404

Post by royb404 »

bob_32_116 wrote:
royb404 wrote:Bob I would like to know did you like the preformance or the song writing or both.
Good luck tonight friend.
Roy
Was this addressed to me, or to Mr Lind? Please clarify! :lol:

If it was to me, I liked the song AND the performance, but I have no idea what you are referring to in wishing me "good luck for tonight".
OK I saw "bob" and thought it was Lind. You need to change your sign on name as I must really be stupid!!! LOL.

I meant good luck about New Your.
Roy
Dallas
Last edited by royb404 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

royb404 wrote:
bob_32_116 wrote:
royb404 wrote:
OK I saw "bob" and thought it was Lind. You need to change your sign on name as I must really be stupid!!! LOL.
Roy
Dallas
Uh uh. No way. My true name is Bob, and I am more than happy to share that name with the great Mr Lind, so my username stays. :)
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

bob_32_116 wrote:
royb404 wrote:
bob_32_116 wrote: Uh uh. No way. My true name is Bob, and I am more than happy to share that name with the great Mr Lind, so my username stays. :)
I really think you took my post wrong.
Look at the "LOL".
I just need to learn which Bob.
Sorry
Last edited by Lost In The Crash on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

Now, kids - everyone knows there's only ONE TRUE "BOB".

Last edited by grant on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Anonymous wrote:
bob_32_116 wrote:
royb404 wrote: I really think you took my post wrong.
Look at the "LOL".
I just need to learn which Bob.
Sorry
I didn't take your post wrong, I know it was lighthearted and that's how I took it. :)

Grant, that photo will give me nightmares!
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

...looks more like "Bing", than "Bob"...
Last edited by Danny Harris on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maddo

Post by Maddo »

Royb404 - you really said it !

Bob is the only person that can take a canves and weave a vision that you not only hear but think about for decades. But most of all carry in your soul..

Maddo
Last edited by Maddo on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Re: Recommendations? Bob's favorite artists?

Post by Danny Harris »

I agree, Maddo...I find that a Lind song will suddenly pop-up on my cd random mode - and I'll hear a NEW line, or take a new meaning from it...
Last edited by Danny Harris on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."
grant
Admonkeystrator

Re: Recommendations? Bob's favorite artists?

Post by grant »

I don't know if this is a straight-up recommendation or not, but there's a band called The Butterflies of Love that aren't half bad.