Travels With Lind...

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Maddo

Post by Maddo »

Yeah wouldn't it be great ... Melbourne is nice and central...you'd motor there in no time Danny ...I'd take to the skies. We can but dream !

- The road lies out ahead like one long Saturday - 8)
Last edited by Maddo on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

You'd have trouble trying to "Roll The Windows Down" on a plane, Maddo! ':)'
Last edited by Danny Harris on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Danny Harris wrote:You'd have trouble trying to "Roll The Windows Down" on a plane, Maddo! ':)'
A more appropriate theme might be "I Fall To You".
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

':)' "Eleanor" - "...rollin' out on a silver jet..." - hmm?
Last edited by Danny Harris on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

...quick trip to Mildura and back...coming into Watchem - "Whose Is the Funeral?" - cars surrounding the small red-brick church - thought it had to be funeral or sale...(not weekend, so prob. not getting hitched...)

...then, when booked into motel room turn on pay-TV channel - ridiculous movie - "The Astronaut's Wife'(?)..."Gravity of the World" plays in my head...

...on the return trip, round the bend into Donald, at dusk...pink-grey sky hilights a flock of Corellas, as white as snow, all over a gum tree...so stark, so pretty...

...the realisation that "It's Too Late To Let You Go" is such a fine song kicked in, on this trip...

...Lind's self-taunts on the interview bring a chuckle, too...
Last edited by Lost In The Crash on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

...(sigh)...I'm not going to tell you that that was me...
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

...another week on the road coming up, away from home and loved ones...

Lind cd's at the ready...

"...resting on my heart around these curves..."

I'll be back with some great memories, shared with some great music.
Last edited by Lost In The Crash on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

That was you Danny was it ?
Drifters Sunrise came to mind when I read this post.
Last edited by John Duncan on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Yes, John - occasionally (ahem) I struggle with technology...

...sitting in the car under a gum tree at Ouyen - newspaper spread over the steering-wheel... aargh! - Here the Pope, there the Pope, everywhere the Pope Pope...!

How's this for a conversation (possibly) overheard?

Aide: "Holy Father, which Bob Lind album do you want me to play in the Pope-Mobile cd player?"

Pope: "Oh, how about some of his demos, my son - I especially like "Roll The Windows Down", "Home In Time For Twilight", "China" - and, of course "Gravity Of The World."

Aide: "Ok, boss - and another?"

Pope: "Well, I LOVE "Since There Were Circles", as you know - how good is "She Can Get Along"?!

Aide: "Job's right, big fella - yeah, it's a ripper, isn't it? - now, put your seat-belt on - these Sydney cops are dynamite...!"

Pope: "Yeah, you're bloody right...pass the beers, mate and hit the gas."

"...it's just a cruel, distracting lie...':P'
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

The road from Werribee to Bacchus Marsh, on the Sunday after the day before...

...once again, my beloved football team were beaten - this time narrowly, so that's some consolation...

...caught up with my brother, watched the game, backed some nags (varied results) - still haven't retired yet, though - killed a few beers...

... "I may not be cemented, but I'm young..."
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

It's with great humility that I admit to not having travelled far at all today...

..walked around the corner to my local pub...

...knocked over a beer or two or three...backed a nag or two or three...

...got home alive, played the Lind/Michael Stock interview...

..."Perspective" has not been a favourite of mine, but , it grows on me...
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

"I Was Looking For You" from "Live @ Luna Star" set came on, and I cranked up the volume.

Cruise control engaged, descending into the run before the climb up Pykes Creek...

...rounding up the determined trucks, sweeping by in an atmosphere of song and singing...

(...Geez, that must have been one ugly dog...!)

...flattening out past the Ballan, then Gordon turn-offs, and Lind has settled right into the concert now...

... I like the changed lyrics in "Spilling Over" - e.g. "Sometimes you'll remember little things that made her special..." etc. - seems to give the song a more poignant feel - a more easily expressed sentiment ?

...the lights of Ballarat, and cruise control comes off - Starship Linderprise is preparing to land...

...beam me up, Truly Julie, Dale Anne, Marlene, Elinor - or whoever...
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

The boss tossed me the keys of the new work car...

Lind Cd's will be dizzy , what with the "eject" and "load" functions, etc..

Diary tells me that Mildura, Swan Hill, Wycheproof, Wedderburn, Sea Lake, Culgoa, Ouyen and other parts Mallee/Wimmera/Sunraysia beckon...

"When I think about Christmas, I cannot feel the same again-
Got an image for Christmas of Marlene with another man..."

Gee, it would be GREAT to have the Canada Old Bald Buggers (or so) radio interview to listen to on the way...
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

The lights of The Four Posts Hotel, Jarklin, shone through the winter evening, like some siren, enticing me to pull over and enjoy the company...

I resisted the seductress tavern, and with Lind ruefully 'fessin' up that "Love came riding, over miles of open, broken road - I must have been hung up some where...", the nose of the car did not deviate...onwards to Swan Hill.

"Ain't that just the way it goes?! ':D'
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

The sign said "Cokem 8", as the fuel gauge stubbornly refused to budge from full...so much for the new car, people!

Turned out to be a minor glitch...righted itself...

"...the people were hard and mean", recalls Lind "-I was looking for you..."

I'm looking for more miles, more smiles, more music, more song...

Yeah - I'd overlooked the lyrics of "Dale-Anne"...they are really something when I turn it up and listen closely...

I sang along, easing around the bends which test the wheel, between Wycheproof and St. Arnaud... ':D'