Travels With Lind...

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

...coming through Tempy -what a sight! A former electricity sub-station building, brightly painted with pink and white vertical stripes - and boldly emblazoned with the wording "Strike Me Pink!" Somewhat out of place, you'd think..?!

Lind had cranked up "I'm wearing You", as I glided past...
Last edited by Danny Harris on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Genius as was the late, great Jack Nitzsche, it is not an insult to his memory to also acknowledge the excellent production standard of the "Since There Were Circles" album...

"Theme From The Music Box" and "Anymore", in particular are so damn GOOD!

I had this set playing loud and proud as I swung around the corner near Woomelang, and was met by a blaze of orange-coloured Gazanias, stretching for about a mile or so.

A resolute echidna wobbled across the road up ahead - I wondered if he had his iPod ear-buds in, singing along to "I used to be a sparrow, but I fell.."
Last edited by Danny Harris on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Danny Harris wrote:

"Theme From The Music Box" and "Anymore", in particular are so damn GOOD!

A resolute echidna wobbled across the road up ahead - I wondered if he had his iPod ear-buds in, singing along to "I used to be a sparrow, but I fell.."
Anymore is one of my all-time faves of Bob's songs. Appeals to my dark side........surprise-surprise. :D
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Now, now RobNumbers...

You may be a prickly person at times, but...an echidna???

"I felt the falcon lightly lifting off the glove - I thought of all the different ways that I'd been loved.."
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Danny Harris wrote:Now, now RobNumbers...

You may be a prickly person at times, but...an echidna???
Funny you should say that - I am not an echidna, but my latest rave band is Porcupine Tree!
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Porcupine Tree - your favourite track would be...?
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Danny Harris wrote:Porcupine Tree - your favourite track would be...?
"Sentimental" - since you asked - but I love most of their stuff.
Very different music from Bob Lind though. My musical tastes are quite varied.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

...talking of "Sentimental"...

...in Mildura - hair too long - "I sat myself down in my good barber's chair..."
..turns out his name is Rocky, and that he spent many years in my old home town...we compared notes about old acquaintances as the locks hit the floor...imagine that - a barber who engages his customers in conversation!

...have decided to name the new car "Cheryl", for the return trips alone...
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

"Home", by Lind...

Read the article - reminded me that this song came on as I was passing through Kiamal, on the first day of Eastern Daylight Saving Time in Victoria, at dusk...

As it played, I took it to refer to more of situations of either abused children, or young family members returning to the nest after relationship break-down...

...but I can see that returning service people could well identify with the sentiments...
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

"You Were Never Even There".

...this played as I topped the rise between Red Lion and Dunach, and my mind wandered...

...must have been the time of year, the time of day - certainly it was the place...

About 35 years, ago Kelly Hendrickson was cutting gum leaves on his old man's property at this very spot, while I pulled up and we planned our next sojourn - usually to the pub, a few (quite a few) beers, games of pool, and then to seek female company...

He now runs his own motor wrecking business - he used to go ape over Elton's "Elderberry Wine" and The Hollies "Long Tall Woman In A Black Dress."

Bloody hell! 35 years!
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

Since you seem to travel a lot, I'm surprised you haven't yet mentioned "Drifter's Sunrise" ... or is that because you tend to hit the road a bit later in the day?
Last edited by Lost In The Crash on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

^^ post by me.
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

Oh yes, I love "Drifter's Sunrise"...

No, Bob numbers, I'm on the road at all hours (not so much night driving these days, which is an improvement...)

...I'm off again tomorrow, won't be back till Thursday night...

...I'll have Lind primed ready to go - and yeah, I reckon that jangle (banjo is it?) of DS will be bursting from the speakers round about, say, Ballan, as I make my way to Melbourne first, then back and through Ballarat to Ararat, then Stawell for the night... day one!

"but as long as there's a highway, you will walk alone...(all alone by yourself on the dirty, open road, with the sun coming up behind you...)
Last edited by Lost In The Crash on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

I cannot tell a lie... it was me...
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

On the way from Horsham to Wycheproof...skirting around Minyip...

Lind had completed his saucy intro to the song, and was layin' "Elusive Butterfly" on the Luna Star crowd...

You know how you tend to pass over the hits, in the usual consumer style...well, I turned it up and sang along...

We never should take great music for granted, no matter how many times the radio stations grind these songs out...

My point is - it's the grinding out, not the songs , which wear thin...

"The best...the best!"