Travels With Lind...

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Danny Harris

Re: Travels With Lind...

Post by Danny Harris »

“I Was Made For This” rings of assertion, even defiance as the artist stands tall & proclaims “This is me - this is who I am”.
The song’s strength smack of “single material”, if there’s still such things as singles!
Volume knob had to be flicked up to fill the car with the confident sound & testifying vocal call…
My company on a muggy day in the Mallee, as El Nina refuses to die & threatens even more rain and/or sweaty days for locals.
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

“Born for this” is the correct song title - & Lind shows he is just that, a solid workout with glorious belief coursing through…
Post Covid (I hope) the roads have opened up & I ventured to Ouyen to the South…
My favourite roadside cafe has changed hands & is not the same place- oh well, maybe in time the soul of the place will return…
Looking forward to the next Bendigo trip - many of the grain silos have been decorated by local artists with images of pioneers & early settlers- women & men who found their way from the other side of the world to Australia’s shores - only one glitch - few images of indigenous Australians - something to address…
Homeward with “You Look Just Like A Girl Again”, Danny O’Keeffe’s tender observational reverence - Lind feels this, lives this, loves this…
Thanks Bob- kilometres are chewed up easily with the sound show.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Have I said how much I like “How Can You Go?”. Tongue in cheek chauvinism raises its redneck here as Lind plays the imperfect man…we’ve all been there, brothers eh? Hmmm?
Brought me a smile as the autumn showers shook off summer in Sunraysia…
Now officially retired, saving my pennies for a world cruise 2024…hopefully including a visit to Florida where Lind may be gracing the stage locally.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

“The Fading Man” took over the car ‘round about Lascelles…
Such an honest offering: large on frankness, light on trite…
This new set is excitingly forthright & songs sear & dive deep into the consciousness.
For me, the album is beginning to rival “Since There Were Circles” which I have treasured & regard as Bob’s “best”.
Damn good set!
Damn good artist!