(possible)HEADLINES: "LIND FAN INCURS WRATH OF ARTIST..

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Danny Harris

(possible)HEADLINES: "LIND FAN INCURS WRATH OF ARTIST..

Post by Danny Harris »

At the risk of being tossed out of Club Lind, (and having Grant change the locks)...

...Bob, the Verve/Folkways album is NOT all bad...!

Yeah, "The Times They Are A'Changing'" has an innocent earnestness about it...but, then, who WASN'T Dylanising then...?

I think the melody line in "Black Night" is so damn pretty...hasn't aged - would make a welcome part of todays repertoire...

..and, "Wandering", which I first encountered as a troubled genius ( I was half-right !) of 15 years of age revives the classic poetry of Byron (whom we all pored over, sighing deeply, at that age...)

There...I've said it...so sack me...!
Last edited by Danny Harris on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

Here, a vintage sack:

Three-button jacket, matching vest, classic lines.

You've been sacked.
Last edited by grant on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Susanne Gilmore

Post by Susanne Gilmore »

I agree. The songs that are on the Verve album are a reflection of what the the other "folk" artists were producing at the same time. Several of the songs on that album were also recorded by Judy Collins, Joan Baez and others. However, in addition to those traditional and folk cover songs, Bob was also including original material - which is more than many others were doing. (And pretty darn good original material, I might add!) The album should be viewed as step one in the growth of Bob Lind as a singer,writer and performer.

I know that one of Bob's points of irritation concerning the album is the manner in which it was overdubbed and released after the success of Elusive Butterfly, and no one can argue with his views on that subject.
Last edited by Susanne Gilmore on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

grant wrote:Here, a vintage sack:

Three-button jacket, matching vest, classic lines.

You've been sacked.
Grant, that's gross! Give me a T-shirt and a tight pair of Levis anytime.
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

"...tuxedos must be worn to swim in...", eh, Grant...?

...I'm willing to be spotted in the (so far) unreleased Bob Lind T-shirt - complete with Butterfly motif, Zero number, etc...

...any chance of "Photographs Of Feeling" album being picked by a label for re-release in the near future ?
Last edited by Danny Harris on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

The whole of the album Photographs of Feeling is of course included in the Ace release ' The complete Jack Nitzsche Sessions ' released last year plus a couple of bonus tracks. Well worth the investment. 25 tracks in total.
Last edited by John Duncan on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Of course...silly me ! (For some reason, I was thinking that they were additional tracks not released in album form previously...(!!!)

(Have recently acquired same - plus Circles - plus Live @ Luna Star...)

...thanks John...
vivian

Re: (possible)HEADLINES: "LIND FAN INCURS WRATH OF ARTI

Post by vivian »

Danny Harris wrote:At the risk of being tossed out of Club Lind, (and having Grant change the locks)...

...Bob, the Verve/Folkways album is NOT all bad...!

Yeah, "The Times They Are A'Changing'" has an innocent earnestness about it...but, then, who WASN'T Dylanising then...?

I think the melody line in "Black Night" is so damn pretty...hasn't aged - would make a welcome part of todays repertoire...

..and, "Wandering", which I first encountered as a troubled genius ( I was half-right !) of 15 years of age revives the classic poetry of Byron (whom we all pored over, sighing deeply, at that age...)

There...I've said it...so sack me...!
i guess i'll be sacked with you !
i'm completely mad about this album. When i discovered it in mp3, i didn't know the story behind it.
i understand how Bob Lind must have felt at the time but we listeners don't care.
there is some really standouts tracks on this album maybe some of the best he has ever wrote. i really mean that.
his cover of "fennario" (the best one?) for instance, i could talk about "the swan", "wandering", "white snow" and of course "cool summer".
i love the melancholy tone of it, the naivety also because of it's purity.
does anyone know what i mean ?
someday this album will be released again and people will discovered it again.

p.s
after listening so much my mp3s i bought the vinyl through ebay that i have remastered (with my humble means) for my own personal use.
i also bought Bob Lind songbook (the one from 1970) in case there were the lyrics of some of these.

I hope Bob Lind won't take offence in my love for this album.

now i'll wear this vintage sack
:wink: