bob lind covers, cklw detroit

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

tvoss

bob lind covers, cklw detroit

Post by tvoss »

for years i have been looking for the groups that recorded two bob lind songs
played on cklw detroit circa 1966.
i fall to you
cheryl's going home
both were folk rock orientated.
does anyone know how to obtain these 45's?
thank you.,
tom voss
Last edited by tvoss on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hi Tom,
I know "I Fall To You" was covered, but to save my life I can't recall who recorded it (other than me).

"Cheryl's Goin Home," however is my second most recorded song. Sonny and Cher did it, so did The Cascades, Noel Harrison and a kick-ass group called The Blues Project. A group called The Rokes did an Italian-language version that sold a million records in Europe.
There's also an English fellow named Jon Otway who did a punk-rock cover of the song that knocks me out. About as different from my own version as you can get.
There must be at least 10 others. But they don't spring readily to mind.

As to how to get these cover versions, sorry to say your guess is as good as mine. Best of luck though.

Can any of you other members help this fellow out?
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeffbenton

Post by jeffbenton »

The YOUTUBE clip of the Otway version of Cheryl's Goin Home is available in the A SONG OR TWO section. Select the THAT GUILT WE HAVE entry and and look at my post for the URL.

Have fun!
Last edited by jeffbenton on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Jeff, thanks for posting this. For reasons I can't fathom, I never saw the other post.
I had seen him perform the song in a movie called "URGH! A MUSIC WAR" but never saw this TV show version.
His partner Wild Willy Plays some bone crushing guitar on this cut.
Much obliged.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guest Visitor

Rokes video on YouTube

Post by Guest Visitor »

The Italian version of "Cheryl" by the Rokes is available on YouTube. It's called "Che Colpa Abbiamo Noi" (usual link for YouTube, search for group or song or add "watch?v=zfHJ5b9VVEA").

Did they use the Sonny & Cher music track? Definitely sounds like a Bono production, I think.

Bob, thanks for your great music. I own your first two LPs on the original label and just decided to give them a listen again this evening.

Cheers from Germany.