Richard Hawley at the Troub

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Richard Hawley at the Troub

Post by Lind »

I'm way late in posting this. But I want you dyed-in-the-wool Lind fans to know something very special is happening at the Troubadour in Los Angeles tomorrow night, Thursday, Dec. 13.
Singer/songwriter Richard Hawley is making a rare American appearance, part of an all-too-brief tour of the U.S. and Canada.

Many of you regulars to this message board already know Richard's work. Certainly you Brits are well aware of him. He's a megastar in England whose Cds sell millions of copies. He's one of the most unique stylists you'll ever hear. Trying to describe his sound is pretty much impossible. I find myself citing his influences (Roy Orbison, Santo and Johnny, Sinatra...) which doesn't do him justice because he's like no one else.
If there's any way you can get there to hear him, do it. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Just as an aside, he's also one of the most down-to-earth superstars I've ever met. His generosity of spirit has helped keep my name alive in the UK, 40 years after my flash of fame in the 60s. In interviews, he's constantly singing my praises as a strong influence on his work.
When I played the Luminaire earlier this year, he drove all the way down to London from his home in Sheffield -- a three or four hour drive -- to hear me, and even came onstage with me to play some of my old songs.
For more on that subject scroll down the threads on this forum to one called AFTER ENGLAND (FROM BOB'S MANAGER JILL).
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeffbenton

Post by jeffbenton »

When I was a kid, about a thousand years ago, we used a certain phrase in response to someone who was making comments about someone else.

Upon reading Bob's description of Richard Hawley as "down to earth", my thoughts raced back to the similarity of my own reaction when I had the honor and pleasure of meeting Mr. Lind after a concert.

As it might have sounded on the playground, way back when, "You say Richard's down to earth? Well Bob, it takes one to know one!" Thanks to you and Richard for inspiring so many of us with your exquisite talents.

West Florida Summer's Child