Bob Lind in Palm Beach

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Karin

Bob Lind in Palm Beach

Post by Karin »

Hi Bob, I (We) just wanted to say that it was such a pleasure to meet you last weekend in Palm Beach- pool side along with Saul and Mark (I won't disclose the location). I am sorry I did not recognise the song you mentioned - right away. I did recognise your name immediately and *knew* I had heard your music before. I love to read the lyrics sheet when I listen to an album/CD. I kept thinking about that song on the plane home and I'll be darned (a midwest term, lol) if the lyrics didn't pop right into my head. There are some great versions of it on youtube (Elusive Butterfly) then and now (and others such as Petula Clark and Cher singing it). When I heard that song again yesterday it brought tears to my eyes and reminded me of an innocent and exciting time long ago. (my parents are long gone now but I have to credit them for being so hip as to play your music and others such as the Moodies and Beatles and for encouraging us all to play instruments when we were growing up- our house was always alive with music). I was only 10 when this mega hit came out but remember it so well and your sweet voice and delivery. The song just resonated with me then and it still does. Thanks for the wonderful memories and I am looking forward to hearing more of your work and catching up on "lost Lind time."

I am sorry that my husband Lawrence did not recognise your work and he was admittedly a bit embarassed (he is such a music freak and prides himself on knowing almost every band/artist out there) but in his defense he was a mere 5 when that song was released. Yes, I can see you counting on your fingers- I robbed the craddle and darn proud of it!

Thank you for being so gracious with my young senior moment (ha!) and I (we) hope to see you again in person and singing! BTW, at the risk of sounding like I am kissing up (and I am not) you haven't aged much at all over these years and your voice is just as wonderful- thanks again so much for your music!

Sincerely, Karin and Lawrence
Last edited by Karin on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hey Karin,
It was nice meeting you two the other day.
Welcome to the board. Good to have you with us.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karin

Post by Karin »

Thanks so much Bob for the warm welcome!

I look forward to getting my autographed copy of your new live CD! I ordered one for us and one for a friend who also loves your music! It is a birthday gift and I know she will be thrilled!

I also look forward to meeting and chatting with others on this great site.

Sincerely,
Karin
:D
rob68

Re: Bob Lind in Palm Beach

Post by rob68 »

Karin wrote:Hi Bob, I (We) just wanted to say that it was such a pleasure to meet you last weekend in Palm Beach- pool side along with Saul and Mark (I won't disclose the location). I am sorry I did not recognise the song you mentioned - right away. I did recognise your name immediately and *knew* I had heard your music before.
Bob, you're gonna have to stop wandering the beaches proclaiming "I'm Bob Lind....I wrote Elusive Butterfly!" :lol:

Welcome Karin.....ooh, some Michigan competition (ha-ha).

We're gonna have to force Bob to play The Ark in Ann Arbor sometime soon! Or somewhere around here.....even the Royal Oak Music Theatre or the Magic Bag in Ferndale.
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
Karin

Post by Karin »

Hi, Rob, thanks for the welcome and chuckle.
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

Hi Bob, we just wanted to say "Thanks so much!" for the great personalization of our Luna Cafe CD's! It was a real treat to see that you had taken the time to do this, and my friend Sue will just flip when she gets hers for her birthday next month (I may have to give it to her early!).

We spent the weekend catching up on your older tunes while on a car trip to Niagara Falls-- seemed fitting since both the trip and the CD were relaxing and very enjoyable. You are quite the poet and we had to chuckle at some of the lyrics and the story telling- very, very clever! It was only fitting that we play catch up first but admittedly, we are really looking forward to hearing your new songs!

I got the older CD on ebay and was happy to enlighten the seller about your board- maybe he has already posted here. He was really psyched about your touring again and you new album. As you can see, I am simply alerting everyone now! lol

Well enough of the ramble-- just want to let you know we appreciated the extra effort you gave to two of your newest fans! Thanks again so very much!

Karin and Lawrence

Sorry, don't know why it would not let me post under my name- cannot correct it now.