BOB ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA

Where's Bob now? Lind live shows, CD releases and media appearances.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Jill

BOB ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA

Post by Jill »

We've just heard that Bob will be on Good Morning America on Sunday, August 26th. It will be another segment about the Weekly World News. GMA starts at 8 am on Sundays on ABC. I don't know what time they will air the piece on WWN. My tivo is set for the whole show.
Last edited by Jill on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Thanks Jill. I've had some crazy jobs in the past myself, but I'm not sure this would be one that I'd really want to talk about on national TV. :D I guess it's no big secret that Bob worked there. Maybe any publicity is good publicity....I don't know. It's kind of surprising that WWN's closing down is getting such broad coverage, actually.
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

One of the best reflections on the WWN's closing came from comic book maestro Neil Gaiman, of all people. I think his take explains why this is getting wide coverage. (So does this briefer remembrance by someone I don't know.)

I once knew a guy - a geologist - who'd done a research tour in Antarctica. WWN issues were like *money* there, he said. They traded them between bases and hoarded them in big stacks.

South America had Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Luis Borges, but we had the WWN.
Last edited by grant on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

oh, you lucky Northern Hemispherians, you...

Ozzie Lind-quists are starved for Bob exposure...

Hey, Bob... Come down and see us some time...!
Last edited by Danny Harris on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Susanne Gilmore

Post by Susanne Gilmore »

I hope that some of you were able to see this. I got up at 8 AM, only to find out that GMA had been on at 6 AM. Oh well .... I did manage to catch the Nightline show segment. I wonder if people were watching this and thinking 'Bob Lind? I wonder if that's the same guy who sang Elusive Butterfly. He looks to be about the right age. I wondered what he'd been doing all these years."

I don't think I've ever actually read a copy of the WWN, so I must ask if there were ever any giant (alien) butterfly sightings while Bob was working for them.
Last edited by Susanne Gilmore on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

A link to the video of the two and a half minute GMA segment was just on Yahoo's homepage. Not sure how long it'll be there. If you search Yahoo News you might find it. Bob just appears for a few seconds.

I guess Bat Boy can finally rest in peace back in his West Virginia cave.
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
Daniel H

Post by Daniel H »

Weekly World News closed down because Bob left!
Last edited by Daniel H on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'll catch a fleeting glimpse of someone's fading shadow...
drush

Post by drush »

I was just watching the overnight news on ABC and caught a bit about Bat Boy. I thought that looked like Bob Lind with such a knowing smile telling about space aliens supporting Clinton for president and Bat Boy. It was great!

Thanks Bob for the OTM entertainment (OTM = Other Than Music).
Last edited by drush on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

Apparently, there's a link to the video here.

You have to click there, then look down the page for video news.

The Bat Boy picture should be the giveaway.
Last edited by grant on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »