Elusive Butterfly and memories

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

FrankJones617

Elusive Butterfly and memories

Post by FrankJones617 »

Recently I read an article in National Geographic that stated that certain smells bring back very strong memories to people. I think we can all agree that certain songs can do the same and sometime's the memories they invoke can be very strong indeed!
In 1966 I was a sophomore in HS and had a huge crush on Karen, a neighbor girl. It was winter and as I gazed out the window there were snow flurries in the air. As I was eating my breakfast I saw a shadow walking through the flurries and it was Karen on her way to the bus stop. And, on the radio was "Elusive Butterfly". Now...41 years later...EVERY TIME I hear that song the sights, smells and memories of that tiny moment in my past come flooding back! And Bob, it is a very welcome memory! Thank you for for a wonderful song and for ALL the memory's it stirs up! Now, I think I'll go play it on my iPod!
Last edited by FrankJones617 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hey Frank,
Welcome to the board, glad to have you with us.
And happy Independence Day.
Glad to know my music triggers those gooey, runny feelings. "In the Still of the Night" by the Five Satins does the same thing to me.

I hope you're aware that ACE Records just re-released my first two World Pacific Albums in a new CD called BOB LIND "ELUSIVE BUTTERFLY" (The Complete Jack Nitzsche Sessions).
Also, you should know that just last year, I released a limited-edition in-person CD called BOB LIND LIVE AT THE LUNA STAR CAFE. An acoustic version of "Butterfly" is on it. You can read reviews here on the web site and order it from the Merchandise Section.
Stay close to the board, there's a good group of people around here.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Ah yes.....Elusive Butterfly memories......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K19wwcqyI4Y :twisted: :lol:

More Lind memories....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oL38QHAJOY 8)

They changed the lyrics?! Read "lagretti's" comment.
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
jeffbenton

Post by jeffbenton »

How about a NEW "memory"...
Last edited by jeffbenton on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeffbenton

Post by jeffbenton »

Sorry about that (unfinished msg above).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7MsrjgR8hM

Would you believe Bob and Richard Hawley at the Luminaire?!

I say...jolly good show!
Last edited by jeffbenton on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

Oo! Great find!

Argh! It cuts off after one verse!