Live at Luna star Cafe... I may need another copy...

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Kie Miskelly

Live at Luna star Cafe... I may need another copy...

Post by Kie Miskelly »

.. because I've just about worn this one out and I've only had it three days! You feel as if you're sitting in the cafe listening to Bob a few feet away... the songs and the introductions are great. I won't ask how Bob writes his songs any more after hearing the Joe Louis story. One observation: Bob's voice sounds just the same as it did all those years ago - not many musicians from that era can say that. The new songs wouldn't be out of place either on those early albums, beautifully crafted tales. I was thinking as I was listening, what have we missed out on over the last 30 years? Impossible to answer but I for one am happy to see Bob back - especially with songs like Wearing You (Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up - it reminded me of a long-departed girlfriend I was crazy about...) Anyway, if you don't have the live album order it now - not only do you get a refreshing burst of songwriting splendour but a pretty neat hand-written message from Bob on the CD (Thanks again). And a ps: Next time your on tour in England Bob, give me a call (0141 225 339) - I'm Editor of the Metro newspaper in Scotland, 1million copies a day throughout the UK - and we'll publicise your dates and make sure each show is filled to the rafters.