Photos from the Luminaire

Where's Bob now? Lind live shows, CD releases and media appearances.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

grant
Admonkeystrator

Photos from the Luminaire

Post by grant »

Here are three sheets of photos by Simon Woodcock of Lind with Richard Hawley, Jarvis Cocker and other familiar faces in London.

Last edited by grant on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theokie

Post by Theokie »

Thanks Grant! Well done Simon! A fine mix of photographs (of feeling!) Thanks for sharing them with us. Any photographic details for those like myself who like to take photos onstage and backstage? I am guessing that a digital camera was used, capable of switching over from colour to B&W. I think Bob looks like Jerry Lee Lewis on some of these B&W shots!
Last edited by Theokie on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonwoodcock

Post by simonwoodcock »

Hi,
They were all taken on a Canon EOS 5D, with a Canon 28-105 and the onstage close ups with Canon 70-200 IS lens.
Most were shot as seen, although I've made a couple of the on stage coloured pics into black and white as the light is so bad on stage there and the subject can end up with a beaming red face if you're not careful!
Mail me if you'd like any further details.
Cheers
Simon
Last edited by simonwoodcock on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Nice pics, Simon. Thank you.

But seriously, Bob is cute, Jerry Lee, on the other hand is NOT!!! No comparison.

Libby
Last edited by Elizabeth on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Great pics. Are they posted anywhere else on the net in full size?
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
simonwoodcock

Post by simonwoodcock »

There are a few on flickr - search using Bob Lind and Luminaire
- only screen resolution though so won't be any good for printing.
PM me for prints.

If needed for publishing pictures are available through Retna websites in the US and UK.

Cheers.
Last edited by simonwoodcock on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nickandmikec

Bob and Richard Hawley...It does my heart so good!

Post by nickandmikec »

It's great to see Richard Hawley and Bob Lind together. We have known Bob for many years, since the 60s, and it's just great to see him with another of our favorite song writers, Richard Hawley. Bob continues to write great songs, as great as ever, without getting stuck in the 60s...he has moved on but has not forgotten what he's done. It's all one big NOW anyway. There is no past or present or future. It's all one big now. Bob is just writing different songs, saying something he hasn't said before and writing music that is as interesting as anything he has done. Like Richard Hawley, he isn't comfortable with doing the same thing over and over again, but he continues to be creative but he doesn't forget what he did that was great in his earlier albums like Lowedges. Today Lady's Bridge is out and I'm looking forward to listening to it, in fact, I'm off to the record store in San Luis Obispo, California, right now to purchase it. I will certainly pick up any reissue of any Bob Lind album. I love the album he recorded live at the Luna club in Florida and love it. As I have said, we are long-time Bob Lind devotees. We cherish our memories of him on stage at the Ice House in Glendale and in Pasadena, especially the first time we saw him in 1967 at the Pasadena Ice House. He just got up there with his big guitar and pounded out those beautiful songs. We have never forgotten that. I later worked as a waiter at The Bla Bla Cafe in Studio City, California, and Bob performed there in 1981 and in 1982. Sadly the Bla Bla closed, but Bob kept writing those wonderful songs. Thanks, Bob, for never disappointing us. You just keep writing great songs! Looking forward to a new studio album from you! We'll be watching. Your old friends from the Ice House,

Nick and Mike Campbell