Hi from Liverpool, UK

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Theokie

Hi from Liverpool, UK

Post by Theokie »

Hi everyone. I heard the Bob Lind interview on BBC Radio here in Liverpool and enjoyed it. I look forward to buying the album on Ace Records in a couple of weeks! Looks like a fine selection of songs!
Last edited by Theokie on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hi Theokie,
Welcome to the board. Good to have you with us. I'm glad your getting the ACE rerelease.
Hope you're aware of my new live CD (check out the merch section of this site).
And I hope you're coming to my shows over there in June. I'm at the Luminaire and the Phoenix Exeter and various other venues that are still being set in place.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

Do hope you are doing some radio dates and interviews whilst you are here Bob. Would be nice to be kept informed of any in advance so that we do not miss them. Looking forward to the Luminaire.
Last edited by John Duncan on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hey John,
Good thinking. Thanks for reminding me. We do in fact have some TV and radio interviews set up. I've just neglected to post them because I don't keep track of that stuff. But I appreciate the reminder.
My manager will post them to this thread soon, along with the times and dates .
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theokie

Post by Theokie »

Hi Bob. Thanks for the reply. I note that Herb Ritts is having an exhibition of his work in London in the next couple of months. It would be nice if your photo was included! :lol:
Jill

Post by Jill »

Hi John,
What a great suggestion. My plan is to fill the U.K. airways with Bob Lind for the month of June. Mark your calendar for Sunday June 17th when Sean Rowley’s “Joy of Music” on BBC London will air a one hour special which will also be available to download worldwide. Listen for dates and times of airing for the following shows:
*Judy Spyres Show (BBC Radio),
*The Tom Robinson Show (BBC 6 Music),
*The Liz Kershaw Show (BBC 6 Music),
*The Bob Harris Show (BBC Radio 2),
*The Johnathan Ross Show (BBC Radio 2),
*The Mark Radcliffe/Stuart Maconie Show (BBC Radio2), and
*BBC Newsnight Review.
In print, check out Record Collector, Time Out and UNCUT. When I have specific air/print dates I will let you all know. In the mean time keep your eyes and ears open, there will be more to come.
Theokie, maybe you know something that I don’t but I’m not aware of Bob ever being photographed by Herb Ritts. Perhaps you are thinking of the great Henry Diltz. Henry has photographed Bob throughout his career and most recently, this past November. A photo of Bob was featured in Henry’s “Kiss The Sky” (The Music and Culture of California in the 1960s) exhibit in Daytona earlier this year. You can find some of the recent photos on this site. We promise to change them periodically so you can see more of his masterful work.
--Jill
Bob’s manager
Last edited by Jill on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

Thanks Jill. That's a really good mix of shows, especially Bob Harris and Mark Radcliffe/Stuart Marconi. Two highly rated and very respected shows followed closely by Jonathon Ross on a Saturday morning. All the programmes mentioned have listen again buttons. Info can be found on all programmes on the bbc.co.uk website and searching the appropriate name though I think the correct spelling for Judy Spyres on Radio Devon is Spiers. I look forward to the Luminaire and wish you and Bob a great time in the UK.
Theokie

Post by Theokie »

Hello Jill. Yes, I was confused about the photographer! I think Henry Diltz also did photos of John (ex-Kingston Trio) Stewart on some of his albums. Anyway, today (June 6th) my copy of the Ace album has arrived! I will sit back shortly and absorb it fully. I also found the tape of the interview that Spencer Leigh did with Bob on BBC Radio Merseyside and I'll enjoy that again too!
Theokie

Post by Theokie »

Hi again Bob. I love the album! Best buy this year for me! I think your way with words is excellent and the sound is wonderfully relaxing. The booklet in the Ace album is also an interesting and truthful read.

Anyway, it would be great if you could find your way up to Liverpool and maybe do a 'gig' at The Cavern while you are over here!
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

I am sure that all the board members will join me in wishing you a really successful trip and tour to the UK. Spread the word of Lind!!!
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Is Bob really appearing at this years' Meltdown, at the invitation of Jarvis Cocker??? That's so cool! Which day? I don't see his name on the Meltdown website. Not that I'll be in England, but just wondering....

http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/meltdown/
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Jill wrote: Mark your calendar for Sunday June 17th when Sean Rowley’s “Joy of Music” on BBC London will air a one hour special which will also be available to download worldwide.

No luck here. I tried playing this through the 'Listen Again' feature, and it just kept timing out about every 2 minutes. Then you have to start back from the beginning every time. Don't see any way to download a podcast of it either...
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....