FL Folk Festival

Where's Bob now? Lind live shows, CD releases and media appearances.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Daniel H

FL Folk Festival

Post by Daniel H »

Bob, I have a queasy feeling u are not going to be at the Festival this year--it isn't mentioned at all on your tour dates :( . As they say in France, s**t! (Or is it in Italy they say that?) After going to see u the past 2 years, the journey has become a tradition in our family. I wanted to have more metaphysical discussions with u :wink: . I remember we kept bumping into each other every 30 minutes last year on our way to different performances. We even shared a short lunch together at a picnic table, which I think back to often. And naturally, we talked about C.S. Lewis. If u are not there, we may go anyway because my kids really enjoyed the event. And my friend Ron Johnson will do doubt be doing his thing again.

Miami is a long way from here (Jacksonville), but when u perform again at the Luna Star I'm going to see if I can persuade my wife to go. We could make a short vacation out of it. Best wishes for your upcoming shows, especially the one in England.

Daniel H
Last edited by Daniel H on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'll catch a fleeting glimpse of someone's fading shadow...
erosconpollo

Post by erosconpollo »

Doesn't look like Bob will be there, does it? I didn't see him on the list of performers at the FFF website. I'll miss seeing him.

BTW, our friend Ron Johnson didn't make the cut as a performer this year (neither did I but that's neither here nor there nor anywhere else for that matter). I'm sure he'll be there anyway with his gal Mary. As will I, for the seventh year running.
Last edited by erosconpollo on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can observe a lot by watching. ~ Yogi Berra
Daniel H

Post by Daniel H »

now I'm really bummed, erosconpollo
Last edited by Daniel H on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Hi, Bob's manager here. Just to end the speculation: Bob was invited to do the FFF this year but we decided to turn it down. Bob will miss playing for the regulars who always attend his festival shows, but we feel he's constantly under-promoted there. And since Bob is not, by any meaningful definition, a folksinger, the venue isn't really right for him anyway.
Also, it's not time-effective this year. He's doing a concert with Grant Livingston on May 11th here in South Florida and we'll be leaving for England in Early June.
But watch for him to be playing North Florida later in the year.
-- Jill
Last edited by Jill on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel H

Post by Daniel H »

OK, thanks Jill. We'll be looking forward to seeing Bob in this part of Florida later in the year. Meanwhile, we might just take a trip or 2 to the southern end of our beautiful state and catch Bob down there.