Promotion opportunity

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

bob_32_116

Promotion opportunity

Post by bob_32_116 »

I came across the following web site:

http://www.last.fm/explore/

Typing the name Bob Lind into the search box returned a fair bit of info, including an artist description that can actually be edited by registered site members, like a Wikipedia.
I took the liberty of adding a paragraph recommending this website (and in return I am now recommending the last.fm website here).

There is also info on the recent releases - i.e. the Circles and Footsteps albums. Tracks are listed, with a link to let you hear a portion of the track - but when you try this for Bob Lind's songs it says "This artist's music is not yet available on Last.fm".

Further investigation reveals that artists and labels can post their own music to the site, that such posting is free, and that all the other artists whose music I clicked on seem to have done this. (or their record company has.)

A couple of suggestions for Bob:

1) The artist biography/description is supposed to be written in the 3rd person, but you might like to make a contribution from the horse's mouth!

2) You have fans out there, the links are there to be clicked on, but the music is not there for other potential fans to hear.. Upload some samples!

And if this works and garners you lots of new fans, you can thank me by including Oz on your whirlwind world concert tour. Or have I said that before? :)
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maddo

Post by Maddo »

What great idea.... including Oz on your whirlwind world concert tour.
Lind in Oz...I'll drink to that ! :wink: