CD Reissue of Elusive Butterfly/Don't Be Concerned

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Susanne Gilmore

CD Reissue of Elusive Butterfly/Don't Be Concerned

Post by Susanne Gilmore »

Sounds like great news that these cds are being reissued. I was lucky enough to get a copy the last time. I was just wondering if there has been any thought given to include Goodtime Special, Goodbye Neon Lies and We May Have Touched on this newest re-issue, since these are songs from the same time period. Since these songs were only released as 45's. I'm sure there are a lot of fans who'd love to have them included as bonus tracks on the cd.
Last edited by Susanne Gilmore on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Yes, it would be great to have those on an official CD, as opposed to only vinyl/CDR. But even if this has the exact same tracks as the 1993 Best-Of, I'll still buy it. ACE has an amazing reputation. Their Dion and Lee Hazlewood discs are incredible sounding. Plus, while the 1993 Best-Of remixes sound good, this new disc will be the original mixes. Can't wait!
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
Lost In The Crash

CD Re-issue

Post by Lost In The Crash »

The up coming ACE Records release is the BEST news; so far in 2007.
Now I can pack away my almost 40 year old cassette tapes of Bob's early albums; I never have been lucky enough to get my hands on the EMI release. :D :D
Last edited by Lost In The Crash on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

This is such great news but no surprise to me. 2007 is just beginning and there's no doubt in my mind we're going to see more and hear more of Bob Lind.

Libby
Last edited by Elizabeth on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

You can see the new CD re-issue cover art from the 2nd link Grant posted in the 'Bob's England Tour' thread. I just realized......as it's sub-titled 'The Complete Jack Nitzsche Sessions', it definitely won't have any of the later World Pacific singles on it. Jack didn't work on those. But Bob mentioned possible bonus tracks, so maybe there are songs cut that were never released? :shock: Or maybe the bonuses will be mono-single versions of some of the songs....sometimes the mixes on those are slightly different than the stereo versions.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
bob_32_116

That f**ing tambourine

Post by bob_32_116 »

rob68 wrote:Yes, it would be great to have those on an official CD, as opposed to only vinyl/CDR. But even if this has the exact same tracks as the 1993 Best-Of, I'll still buy it. ACE has an amazing reputation. Their Dion and Lee Hazlewood discs are incredible sounding. Plus, while the 1993 Best-Of remixes sound good, this new disc will be the original mixes. Can't wait!
Original mix? Good - then at last we can learn whether the phantom tambourine player on "You should have seen it" was there in the beginning!
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob_32_116

Re: CD Reissue of Elusive Butterfly/Don't Be Concerned

Post by bob_32_116 »

Susanne Gilmore wrote:Sounds like great news that these cds are being reissued. I was lucky enough to get a copy the last time. I was just wondering if there has been any thought given to include Goodtime Special, Goodbye Neon Lies and We May Have Touched on this newest re-issue, since these are songs from the same time period. Since these songs were only released as 45's. I'm sure there are a lot of fans who'd love to have them included as bonus tracks on the cd.
Even though I was lucky (or quick, or clever) enough to score the Footsteps album when it first came out, this is good news. I would consider buying this as well, especially if the bonus tracks are written by Lind and produced by Nitzsche! (As distinct from those covers from the Verve album that the Black Tulip label put on that Best of Bob Lind album they released.)

Apart from anythng else this would be a great memorial tribute to Jack. I had not realised until I read his obituary in a music mag a while ago just how many artists he had worked with apart from B.L. over the years.
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

THE NEW CD!

Post by rob68 »

bob_32_116 wrote: Original mix? Good - then at last we can learn whether the phantom tambourine player on "You should have seen it" was there in the beginning!
Yeah really! It won't be long. Release date June 5th (USA).

Here's the tracklist according to Amazon for ELUSIVE BUTTERFLY: THE COMPLETE JACK NITZSCHE SESSIONS

Elusive Butterfly
Mr. Zero
You Should Have Seen It
Counting
Drifter's Sunrise
Unlock The Door
Truly Julie's Blues
Dale Anne
The World Is Just A B Movie
Cheryl's Goin' Home
It Wasn't Just The Morning
I Can't Walk Roads Of Anger
Go Ask Your Man
Oh Babe Take Me Home
West Virginia Summer Child
Eleanor
San Francisco Woman
The World Is Just A B Movie Meets Reno Funtown USA
A Nameless Request
Remember The Rain
I Just Let It Take Me
We've Never Spoken
I Can't Walk Roads Of Anger (alternate version)
Whose Is The Funeral (demo)
Bring It On Down (demo)

I think the last track is actually Bring It "ALL" Down, not "ON" Down as Amazon says, but I'm not completely sure. If I'm not mistaken, I believe a certain little birdie told me this song was actually written for Cher, but she never recorded it. Jack Nitzsche's wife ended up recording it as part of the group......um.....I forgot their name. Anyway, can't wait for this! It's gonna be excellent.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Good going, Rob. Jill tells me the release date is still May 28th in England. The June 5th date is for the American release. That's great detective work on your part. They're timing it to coincide with my British tour.

Rob Writes:
I think the last track is actually Bring It "ALL" Down, not "ON" Down as Amazon says, but I'm not completely sure. If I'm not mistaken, I believe a certain little birdie told me this song was actually written for Cher, but she never recorded it. Jack Nitzsche's wife ended up recording it as part of the group...

Right you are Rob. That's the one. The group is The Satisfactions. And their version is on a CD called "Phil's Spectre" (or a title something like that), also released by ACE.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Looks like the release date's been pushed back to June 26 for the U.S.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hey Rob, My manager and I keep trying to figure out how you find out all this stuff before we do.
Great detective work as always.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Lind wrote:Hey Rob, My manager and I keep trying to figure out how you find out all this stuff before we do.
Great detective work as always.
No, I just check the websites of a couple of the online retailers (CD Universe, Amazon etc...) every few days or so to see if anything's changed as far as release dates for this CD, as well as a couple other re-issues I've ordered recently. Nothing ever seems to come out on the original projected date. The U.S. sites all seem to be saying June 26 now for this one. I don't really understand, because there's not going to be a separate U.S. CD. They're just going to be selling the same CD that the UK gets. Crazy that it would take 4 weeks after the UK release to get to these shores. Oh well.....it'll get here eventually.

EDIT : Oops, nevermind. I just checked a couple UK sites, and it seems to be delayed there as well. Looks like at earliest June 4th over there now.
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Susanne Gilmore

Post by Susanne Gilmore »

FYI - Collector's Choice Music has this new cd featured in their latest catalog. It is available on their website as well.
Last edited by Susanne Gilmore on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

My copy has just shipped! Hopefully it'll arrive by Monday-Tuesday.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

To any UK fans.....

Are tracks 13-22 on this CD the original running order of the UK Photographs of Feeling LP? The U.S. version is different....