Another Reissue CD Is On the Way!

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Another Reissue CD Is On the Way!

Post by Lind »

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the music store . . . . yet another Bob Lind re-release!

Right on the heels of RPM's reissue of my 1971 Capitol album SINCE THERE WERE CIRCLES, ACE Records in England, the finest label I know of for reissuing quality music, is putting out both my World Pacific albums -- DON'T BE CONCERNED and PHOTOGRAPHS OF FEELING -- on a single disc. There will also be some bonus tracks from what I understand. The release date is Monday, May 28 (Memorial Day for us yanks). It will be available on Amazon and the other usual markets, and can also be ordered directly from ACE.
They're calling it BOB LIND: ELUSIVE BUTTERFLY (The Jack Nitzsche Sessions).

My guess is that some of you are experiencing a sense of déjà vu right about now along the lines of: "Hey wait a minute. Weren't those albums already re-released on EMI and entitled THE BEST OF BOB LIND (You Might Have Heard My Footsteps)?
Yes. But that one has been out of print for at least six years. And not a month goes by that I don't get at least two e-mails asking where it can be purchased. Up until now, I've had to tell these loyal fans that the dismal choices are between paying monstrously high prices on E-Bay and the like, or downloading the songs individually at various other sites that can charge an arm and three or four legs.
It pleases me to let those of you who missed BEST OF . . . know about this new issue.

And another big plus: Unlike EMI, ACE is using Jack's original mixes! The same ones that were used on the vinyl.
As you regulars know, I'm not one to dwell on the past. But I'm really pleased about this. It makes me feel good to know these older things are available to longtime aficionados who remember them from the sixties AND to you newer, younger fans who have been making my life Heaven on Wheels for the past few years.
For more information, check out ACE's website:
http://www.acerecords.co.uk/

And lastly, one of the best things to come from it: A long, long, long overdue tour of the United Kingdom. (See the "Keeping Track of Time" section of this board.)

Don't try to post to this thread. I'm eager to get your comments about this. But to post them, start a new topic below.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

There's a Kingsley Abbott overview of Lind's career on the ACE Records <i>Best of....</i> page.