That Verve album--again

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Richard

That Verve album--again

Post by Richard »

I just got my copy of Since There Were Circles and am even more impressed with the album than I was years ago when I listened to my taped version. The bonus tracks are wonderful, especially "San Francisco Woman." It's the same song--and it's totally different at the same time. That song has always best encapsulated the spirit of the 60s--but that's for another day.

I've downloaded the new stuff and could write praise after praise after praise. The range, the depth, the talent--they are stronger than ever.

I await the DVD eagerly. Bob's thoughts on his and others' work are worth their weight in gold, as would be the chance to see Bob perform.

So, at last, I come to the Verve album. I know that Bob wants it to rot in hell, and I feel awfully presumptuous even making this suggestion, but is there any way those of us who think the album has some really good work on it could convince him (you) to see if a CD could be made for commercial release? Barring that, would he (you) be willing to "control" the downloading for members only?

On the liner notes to Since There Were Circles Bob is quoted: "I thought of my music as an intimate thing." It is--always has been and always will be. I'm sure each one of us who know the Verve album could repeat by heart parts of those songs that became intimate parts of us.

To end this long-winded plea: I love the new stuff and I eagerly await the next CD. Keep writing and keep singing. But please let those of us who like that album have the best version to listen to.
Last edited by Richard on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maddo

Post by Maddo »

100% agree with Richard's praise for Bob's new stuff. I love these demos, can't hear them often enough. Bob's lyrics are magnificent...such understanding... the feeling and strength Bob's delivery is mind blowing. Love the jazz tracks too. Can't wait for a "Home In Time For Twilight" CD
Last edited by Maddo on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piedmontpaul

That V... LP....

Post by piedmontpaul »

Yep, for whatever, that LP got released and garnered some fans over the years. I must confess I’m one of those that would love to have a clean recording. Oh well, it’s up to whomever owns the masters from the long dissolved company. In fact, Gordon Bok recorded his first, classic LP for them so where are the tapes??