I remember...good old Ice House!!

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Dogmom

I remember...good old Ice House!!

Post by Dogmom »

When I gave Mr. Lind a muffler I made, and he put it on, imitating the cover of Blonde on Blonde, which probably had just come out.. I just got Since There Were Circles, and loaded it to my IPOD, what fun!!! :roll:
Last edited by Dogmom on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

I have a feeling we probably bumped into each other at one Lind performance or another at the Ice House. I know I spent a LOT of time there.

Oops..I should have signed in.....

--Darra
Last edited by Lost In The Crash on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob_32_116

(Off Topic) Great band

Post by bob_32_116 »

Yes, good old Icehouse, they were a good band.

What's that you say? It's a venue and not a band? Excuse me!

Now I am wondering if the name of the band has any connection with the venue. Probably not.

For those who don't know, Icehouse were a very successful Australian band in the 1980's. They started out with the name Flowers - Icehouse was the name of their first album. For reasons that I think had something to do with another band having the name Flowers, they decided Icehouse was a good name to adopt for the band.

Initially described as punkish new wave, they evolved a highly original style. Mostly it is the creation of one man (Iva Davies). Some of their stuff is very melodic, some is very techno. I have a couple of their albums; I like most of their music but at no time did they ever sound remotely like Bob Lind.