"Hansel and Gretel-Story and Songs" starring Bob

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

karlpascal

"Hansel and Gretel-Story and Songs" starring Bob

Post by karlpascal »

as the father!

I stumbled across it on Rhapsody. It must be heard to be believed!

Bob, what's the story behind this rather amusing production, and why have you been holding out on us?

Great singing on "Home is Only a Stone's Throw Away." Did you write it?

“Wife, please, I thought we agreed that the book of witchcraft would be thrown away.”

A stunning performance! My kids enjoyed it, too. Thanks!!

Karl
Last edited by karlpascal on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Figures I just used up all my free plays for the month yesterday on Rhapsody. Heard 30 second samples tho.....2 tracks feature Bob.....both sound GREAT. What year is/was this? Is there an actual CD?
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hey Karl,

I totally forgot about that "HANSEL AND GRETEL" adaptation.

I had nothing to do with the writing. It's the concept, words and music of Katrina Saroyan (great-granddaughter of author/playwright William). About 20 years ago she approached me with the project and asked me to sing the part of the Woodcutter/Father.

I like a lot of the songs, particularly the one called "The Children." (I think that's the name.) It's the wicked stepmother expressing her point of view and explaining her rationale for murdering the kids. Creepy as all-getout as she offers what she sees as total justification for a horrific act.

Katrina came to my gig at the COFFEE GALLERY BACKSTAGE out here (I'm still in California) and reminded me about the recording and told me it's now on Rhapsody.

She's a talented songwriter and singer AND also a top-notch harpist.

I wish her all the best with the project.