the ice house/glendale

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

RHanson

the ice house/glendale

Post by RHanson »

I used to see Bob At the Ice House in Glendale Ca when I was in High School ...i'll be introducing my 26 yr old Daughter to his music ..this febuary at the coffee house backstage /altadena..looking forward to it .
Last edited by RHanson on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

Welcome to the board RH.
Glad you're coming to the show. And good that I'm getting a chance to bridge the generation gap.
Last edited by Lost In The Crash on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darra

Post by Darra »

I remember that place. It was in a multi-storied building, had the name of 'Under the Ice House' but one had to take a rickety elevator upwards to get to the club.

I just wish the CGB were still within 20 miles of my house. I made the decision to move east of the Mississippi back in 2003 with no foresight that Bob Stane would, once again, have Bob Lind play at his establishment.
Last edited by Darra on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hey Darra,
Indeed the Glendale Ice House was a strange and beautiful club. I preferred playing the Pasadena Ice House. But both venues drew fantastic people.
Sorry you won't be in the audience.
But there will be other chances.

And BTW, the "guest" post above is from me, Lind.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Lind wrote: Sorry you won't be in the audience.
But there will be other chances.
Does that mean there might be some gigs other than in California and Florida soon?
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
Darra

Post by Darra »

"I preferred playing the Pasadena Ice House."

As I remember, I preferred seeing you (and others, I must admit) at the Ice House in Pasadena. I knew my way around Pasadena and H'wood. I would get hopelessly lost in Glendale.

Just remember to announce in big letters (considering my age and all) whenever you play in Virginia-I'll need lots of time to find my way to the venue.

[/quote]
Last edited by Darra on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crimefilenews

Post by Crimefilenews »

Having seen the Coffee Gallery show, and looking forward to the show at McCabe’s in Santa Monica, I can say what we already know Bob Lind rocks! Bob Lind makes all that hard work look easy. What a great show.
Crimefile