will spread the word

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

wandalu

will spread the word

Post by wandalu »

I knew if I kept googling Bob Lind, eventually I'd find him! Hurray! I'm a NC based singer songwriter who has usually done radio for the day job. And Bob, you are probably the one biggest influence on the writing I hoped to do when I first began. Thank you, belatedly!! I work now at a local mom and pop AM station here in Brevard, NC, WSQL 1240 AM. And most of my own concerts these days are in our living room (my favorite gig) - in fact I played "The World Is Just A B Movie" for a 25 year old Saturday night! He loved it. Of course. I am overjoyed to find you are still playing. Lucky CA and FL ! WE share a lot of snowbirds here with FL, and I will do what I can to spread the word....love, wanda lu
Last edited by wandalu on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hey Wanda Lu,
Welcome to the board. Thanks for the inspiring words. Love to hear my music is spanning the generations.
I hope you and your 25-year-old pal are aware of my newer songs. (See the Playlist section of the site and check the CD Reviews for news about my newest album.)
Stay close to the board. Good to have you with us.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wanda lu

talkin' bout my generation?

Post by wanda lu »

Hey Bob:
My motto is : A good song never goes bad! Any of the songs I remember of yours and the ones I've managed to download so far will stand the final exams of time.
As for barging across the generations, the same holds true. I'm a 54 year old grandmother ( of 9! and we have 9 kids between us. Don't try this at home, we are professionals!) - Plenty of chance to dive across generations musically, as most of the kids play music and a couple of the grands so far. The 25 year old I picked with Saturday night is a current beau of a grown kid. All of this is plenty fodder for the songwriting grist mill.
I read some of your old posts, particularly one on what songs you might cover if you had zillions of bucks and eras of time. Bottle of Wine sure stand out, and I cover that one, too. Paxton is my last name! No close kin of Tom's, but know him. I disagree with the poster who claims you have a resemblance. Only the blue of the eyes. You have way more hair!
love, wanda lu