Message from Eddie

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

star

Message from Eddie

Post by star »

From Eddie by Proxy,

Bob, I really appreciated the letter and thank you so much for it. I wrote my friend James, from Chino, California. He is a fan of yours and owns a record shop. I sent him your website and hope he will order your CD.

I was holding back writing 'till I heard from GHIV. George said he was pleasantly surprised you knew of him. George liked "I Just It Take Me" and "Remember the Rain." He wants to do a folk country album next year and would like to do a country version of "Elusive Butterfly." I keep pushing him to do "Drifter's Sunrise" though. George had the first million-selling single for ABC Paramount. "A Rose and a Baby Ruth" of course in 1956. He put 10 pop singles on the chart in the 50's. You should hear him talk about a tour he did with the Everly Brothers, Buddy Holly and Gene Vincent.

That would have been somthing to see. "If You Don't Know I Ain't Gonna Tell You" was released in 1962 and went to #6 on the country charts. "Urge For Going" was released in 1967 and went to #7. George has had 40 country records to chart. George said you surely have a gold record for Elusive since it went all the way to #5. "Baby Ruth" stopped at #9 but stayed in the charts for 20 weeks.

I have much more to tell you but I will save it for the January letter.

Have a great holiday season.

From Eddie by proxy thanks to my buddy Keith.

starduster
http://totherow.tripod.com
Last edited by star on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

(Just so everyone knows, this message refers to this topic.)