Lost In The Crash

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Nikolet

Lost In The Crash

Post by Nikolet »

Lost in the Crash....
Last edited by Nikolet on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

I think Bob's voice is WAY more interesting than Groban's........just sayin'.
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

Very lame response, Rob.
Last edited by Lost In The Crash on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

When you said Bob's lyrics/Josh's voice, I just thought....wait a minute....I much prefer Bob's voice over Josh's.....so that's where that came from. If you're a true Lind fan, you might consider registering if you expect any serious response.......just sayin'........again. :D
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
Lost In The Crash

You're responding to two different guests , Rob.....just sayin'. If it weren't for
an occasional guest appearance, we would only hear the opinions of you and a very small handful of others. Until guests are banned, I am a guest.
Last edited by Lost In The Crash on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Oh geez......everyone with their masks on.......well I'm bowing out of this thread.......y'all have fun now.
Susanne Gilmore

Post by Susanne Gilmore »

Cover versions of songs are always interesting. I'm curious to hear different singers' interpretations of songs that someone else (usually the songwriter) has recorded previously. I haven't had a chance to hear Richie Havens "How the Nights Can Fly" but I'd like to.

As far as Josh Groban is concerned, I personally have NO IDEA who he is. I have heard the name but not his music. It would be great to know that Bob's wonderful lyrics are being heard, even if having someone else record them is what it takes to get the message across. However, you have to expect that "us Lind fans" would like him to be the one who gets the chance to have his voice heard again.
Last edited by Susanne Gilmore on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Josh Groban is a young and talented performer. He has a song called "To Where You Are" that is just beautiful. His voice is deep as if he should be performing in operas. While he is good, you can't compare it to Bob's voice at all. Josh seems to have a "one style" sound. Bob, on the other hand, can manuever his voice like no one else can. You can still tell it's him, but he has a variety and range like no other.

Libby
Last edited by Elizabeth on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost In The Crash

I'm the "original" poster. I won't argue with anyone who says Lind's voice is "unique," versatile, interesting, or anything else. His voice and his lyrics are definitely a "unit." But I would love to see what would happen if he stepped out of himself just a bit, to write for a unique, interesting, versatile voice that is much unlike his own. I love Josh's voice (that's an understatement), and I think his last album, "Awake," is much stronger lyrically than his first two; still, there's none of the stunned recognition of the fantastic imagery that Bob is capable of. I truly believe a collaboration would be beneficial to both of them: Bob would gain exposure, and Josh would have material that merits the power of his instrument.

Hear a sample of Josh's music/voice here
Last edited by Lost In The Crash on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lost In The Crash

A brilliant suggestion. An idea this board should applaud, but won't. Blind loyalty dies very hard.
Susanne Gilmore

Post by Susanne Gilmore »

[quote="Anonymous"]A brilliant suggestion. An idea this board should applaud, but won't. Blind loyalty dies very hard.[/quote]

That's not "blind loyalty dies very hard". It's B Lind loyalty dies very hard!
Last edited by Susanne Gilmore on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost In The Crash

Expected response. Cute.
Lost In The Crash

Aw, guys! Why does "loyalty" so often look like close-mindedness? Such a collaboration would take nothing away from either contributor, any more than it did when Cher sang "Cheryl's Goin Home" or Marianne Faithfull did "Counting."

To say to Bob Lind, "You have a genius that might be fun to share with a man who has a different sort of genius" can hardly be said to be disloyal to either of them. I think it's an opportunity for both of them to "grow."
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

Well, I keep trying to get Lind to duet with Shakira so he can introduce us, but he swears he's never met her himself.... the turkey.
Last edited by grant on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill

Post by bill »

I had the privilege of being in attendance at Bob's DVD studio filming several weeks back. Matt Cook performed "Unlock the Door" and Jaime Hoover did "Drifter's Sunrise." I found it interesting to glance over and see the look of enjoyment and satisfaction on Bob's face hearing his own music "played back to him." Bob has also commented many times on the fact that many other artists have recorded his songs and how much he is honored by that fact.

Bill

" I can't walk roads of anger, I ain't got the time."
Last edited by bill on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.