Lost In The Crash

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

And yet he's keeping the Lebanese-Mexican pop goddess to himself....
Last edited by grant on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

By the way, on a non-Shakira note, if all of you Guests are having trouble registering or being recognized as members by the board software, please let me know.
Seeker2be

Post by Seeker2be »

I find this vein of banter interesting. I think all of us will agree we love Bob's music and his poetry because it resonates in all our lives. We want Bob's success for his sake. He is such a genius and talent. We all have the responsbility as fans to not just adore his creativity but to find ways to spread our treasure with others who have not heard about Bob after he reemerged from "retirement". We need to brainstorm like this and make efforts to expand his fan base of appreciation. It can be as simple as buying a few more copies of the Luna Star or Circles albums and giving them to friends or actively seeking out venues that would appreciate such a talent in our locales. I envision coupling him up with other talents at a venue to gain more appreciation. Bob is working on this with his manager I am sure.. How bout Gordon Lightfoot, Arlo Guthrie, etc and Bob Lind in your major town on a combined bill? I agree with someone who said Bob is definately a better poet and more versitile than Bob Dylan. Many were swept in the way of the Zeitgeist of Dylan and if they had heard Lind then they would have been awed. As Rob so poniently said : He should be playing for 1000's not small venues. Let's encourage that to happen and have Bob bring out more of his Music past and present and future. I would love it !!!!. Ed , Seeker 2be
Last edited by Seeker2be on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Look what happens when I go away for 10 days. Bickering like hungry crows you are.
Now you kids play nice or I'm sending you all to bed without your suppers.

Thanks for the passionate ideas and responses. This is exactly the way a message board should operate. It's great to know so many of you have strong feelings about me and my work.

For my part, I lean way, way over in the direction of Bill and, although I don't see myself writing specifically for Josh Groban, I agree with the Guest who posted the thoughtful message on Dec. 9 (the one about "loyalty").
A Denver folksinger named Walt Conley once told me something I'll never forget: "The songs are for everyone."
As Bill points out, I love covers. I don't think there's a single recording of one of my songs that doesn't thrill and please me. I suppose some of them may be bad, but when an artist -- any artist -- allots precious space to my song on a CD that only has room for 14, that honors me. I can't find it in me to judge it in a bad way.
I know of Josh Groban but have not heard him. If he were to record one of my songs, it would be great.
But I rarely write songs with specific artists in mind. With only one exception (Cher's "Come To Your Window") I've never placed a tune with the artist I wrote it for.
I write songs that I enjoy singing. If someone else enjoys singing them too, that's fantastic.
And grant, I didn't want to tell you this, but Shakira tells me she doesn't go for the intellectual, journalist type. I deliberately held back letting her know that away from the keyboard, you're a wild man who shakes it down on the dance floor all night long.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seemars

Post by seemars »

I'm the original poster. Out of respect for Bob, I'm "outing" myself. Just to tell him, "Bob, please go to Josh's website (link above), and give him a listen. To have heard of him, but not heard him, is like having heard of oxygen, but never taking a deep breath."

No, I'm not a fan. I am, however, a convicted liar. :wink:
Last edited by seemars on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeffbenton

Post by jeffbenton »

Thank you, Guest, for the link to Josh Groban site.

His voice reminds me of another baritone (?) voice that blew me away many years ago: John Gary. His performances of such emotional and beautiful songs as Danny Boy, Sunrise/Sunset, and many others were, to me, very deeply moving. Thanks again.

Bob, please listen and let us know which of your songs you might like to hear Josh sing. Thanks.

P.S. Regarding Grant and Shakira, you're right... he's much too hot for her!
Last edited by jeffbenton on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

No, no, no. It is I who am too hot.

You turkeys.
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

Too hot, indeed...

Consider us turkeys: To provide a delectible Thanksgiving meal for non-turkeys, we are thrust naked into a hellish contraption called an oven, and are left there to roast, one hour for every four pounds of our body weight, at a temperature which can only be described as an Dante-esque.

We turkeys consider that this qualifies us as, in fact, TOO HOT!

Jeff Benton, Turkey at Large (over 200 LB.)
Last edited by Lost In The Crash on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seemars

Post by seemars »

jeffbenton wrote: Bob, please listen and let us know which of your songs you might like to hear Josh sing. Thanks.
How about, "Remember the Rain"? Might be confusing, as one of Josh's best-loved songs is "Remember When It Rained," which, I think, was his first self-written song. But I can totally hear Josh's voice singing the lyrics. And he doesn't "really like" "happy" songs, so this one is right up his alley.

Please please please?