Spilling Over

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

emberglance

Spilling Over

Post by emberglance »

I'm loving the song Spilling Over - I find myself listening to it again and again...

Was that written about someone real in your life back then? And did she hear the song and find out how you felt??? For some reasons, I see Sally Fields...

Sorry, stupid questions. Lovely song though.
Last edited by emberglance on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jill

Bob's away

Post by Jill »

That's one of my very favorite songs too. Bob is out of town until the middle of next week. I'm sure he will respond to your questions when he returns.

Take care,
Jill
Last edited by Jill on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hey Emberglance,
Welcome to the board. All my songs have personal connections -- even the "made up" ones. Nothing gets slopped together out of whole cloth.

In the case of "Spilling Over," the song has changed over the years and the woman who inspired it is not necessarily the one I think of when I sing it now.

Which album were you hearing it on BTW? CIRCLES or LUNA LIVE?

All the best,
Bob
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emberglance

Post by emberglance »

Circles. All of which i'm enjoying a lot. It's got a nice wide open sound, orchestra always adds a dimension. And the songs are sad, intelligent, wry... Nice piano playing too. Is that you strumming the acoustic guitar on most of the songs?

I've got to admit to you, I'm English and I knew your name from the Pulp song (which you know about, I'm sure)!

I've been listening to "the Tims" for a few years now. TH I find too morose and TB sometimes a bit too "faerie", although I love some of his stuff too...
emberglance

Post by emberglance »

P.s. I'm slightly aggravated to find out I love your music approximately THREE WEEKS after you make a probably rather rare appearance near to my home in Los Angeles. Any plans for another show here anytime soon?? Personally, I would love to brush shoulders with Meg White and Silverlake 20-something hipsters...
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

..."dream along the edges of a love that missed it's time..."

...how many of us have been here?... and how these wistful lyrics hit home, eh ?

...a measure of an artist is their gift to relate, in different circumstances, to the feelings of so many - who may struggle otherwise to express their feelings...