More on the Tour

Where's Bob now? Lind live shows, CD releases and media appearances.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Lind
Declaring Lindependence

More on the Tour

Post by Lind »

Just a few new developments to tell you about.
First, be aware that the COFFEE GALLERY BACKSTAGE show is filling up fast. If you're planning to come and haven't made your reservation yet, please don't delay. It's an ideal place to see me in a relaxed, intimate setting.

Second, partially because of the third thing I'm going to mention, we've cut back on the club dates we intended to include. They're now limited to the CGB and LITTLE PEDROS. (See the announcement above.)
But I'm taping Art Fein's Cable TV show while I'm out there and I'll post the air date when I know it.

Third -- and most important -- my mind is absolutely reeling with the way this DVD idea has grown. At first, I thought it was just going to be a little in-studio concert video.
But as I continued to talk to the producers, Paul Surratt and Ian Marshall, I began to see these guys have a vision for it that far outstrips anything I had in mind. It has now mushroomed into a full-out documentary on my life and music. Yes. The project will still center on me playing my songs. But there will be a crew following me around with cameras taping my day to day interactions and rehearsals, along with interviews with friends, band members, and others who know me.
They'll also use clips from the CGB and LITTLE PEDRO'S shows and footage from the Art Fein cable show.
Surratt is one of the most prestigious music archivists on Planet Earth, so don't be surprised to see ancient video of me from the sixties included.
I couldn't be more delighted -- or astonished -- by their interest in me and in my work. These guys have balls the size of boulders financing a project like this on a guy who hasn't had a hit in 40 years and is, at best, a "cult figure." They're motivated out of love for my music and a sincere desire to help bring it to others.
If it works the way these things are supposed to, we'll probably hate each other's guts by the time it's over (Cinema Verite has a way of scraping down to the nerves.) But they're straight-shooters with incredible courage to take on this project and I just want to go on the record and say so.
It's way too early to even talk about a release date, but I can promise you that if the disc turns out anything like we hope it will, you'll be able to get it right here on the site.