Super site

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

JMH

Super site

Post by JMH »

Hi Bob:

I ended up at this site after typing your name into YouTube. Happy to know that you are performing again. I'm sure you've been told by others that your Elusive Butterfly album touched their hearts – it sure did mine. Can't tell you how many times I played the LP since 1966. In that year was in the Air Force stationed in Germany and fell head over heels with a German nurse. After leaving her apartment on a brisk November morning after spending my first night there, my mind played and re-played 'It Wasn't Just the Morning'. To this day, 40 years later, I can feel that morning when I hear that song.

I loved the poetry of 'Mr. Zero', related to the aloofness of 'You Should Have Seen It', shared the urge to belong in 'Unlock the Door', felt the love in 'Counting', yet had the need to be free in 'Drifter's Sunrise'. And who hasn't known a Julie? My emotions and feelings have sometimes been strange bedfellows with each other and it was reassuring to know, through your music, that I wasn't alone.
Last edited by JMH on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hey JMH,
So good to hear from you. Welcome to the board. Lot's of good people on this forum.
It always inflates my heart (almost as much as it inflates my ego) to hear from people to whom my music has had an impact over the years.
Clearly, you know your Lind catalog.

I'll tell you what I tell all the newbies: Please check out the newer music on the Playlist page. And be aware that I've just released a new live CD (see the CD Reviews and Merchandise pages for details). As a matter of fact, an in-person version of "Mr. Zero" is on it.
Also, RPM/Cherry Red Records is re-releasing one of my older albums called SINCE THERE WERE CIRCLES.
You can read all about it at: http://www.pauseandplay.com/fylp.htm

Thanks for your kind words about the old songs. Hope you like the new ones as well.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

That makes me wonder -- have we put the video clips from the site onto YouTube? Maybe we should....