Hi Bob!

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Carol Kaye

Hi Bob!

Post by Carol Kaye »

Just a quick note to say hi and how wonderful to hear from you again. I always enjoyed working for you, always tho't what a good singer you are and really liked to do your dates.

Your "Elusive Butterfly" had a couple of "mistakes" I made (got lazy with reading the chord chart) and when I went up to the Gb chord I immediately knew it was a mistake and slid back down, did that twice and sort of knew the producer would catch my mistakes...he did, and stopped the take to tell me "do more of that"...hence my trade mark bass slide was born.

Good luck to you on your new re-issues, you're a heck of a good guy and are looking good! Hugs, Carol Kaye xxx Yes I miss Jack Nitzche a lot too.
Last edited by Carol Kaye on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Wow Carol, what an incredible joy to hear from you.
There may be one or two of you non-musicians who are unfamiliar with Carol's work (well, at least who think you're unfamiliar with her work).
But she played bass on just about every major hit recorded in Los Angeles in the 60s and 70s -- including "Elusive Butterfly."
And she's also the bass player on the forth-coming SINCE THERE WERE CIRCLES Check out her astonishing list of credits at: http://www.carolkaye.com/www/biography/index.htm
I got in touch with her recently regarding her impressions of the CIRCLES recordings. But she doesn't recall them. Not surprising since she did more than -- get this -- 10,000 sessions during those years.
Try to put your mind around that.
She recalls our other work more vividly. which is probably a good thing considering the hostility that coursed through THE RECORD PLANT on the CIRCLES dates.
Thanks for checking in, Carol. It's good to hear you're still doing what you love.
That mean ol' music, never leaves us alone does it?