byVMXgtgMKQKFLnA

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Nikolet

byVMXgtgMKQKFLnA

Post by Nikolet »

Nice site!
Last edited by Nikolet on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dont_be_concerned

Post by dont_be_concerned »

The previous post was by me. I seem to have some trouble staying logged in...

This new CD should prevent people from paying exhorbitant prices on ebay for "You Might Have Heard..."
Last edited by dont_be_concerned on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marik

Hello

Post by Marik »

Rolex replica - Swiss Rolex replica watch - breitling Rolex Watches.
Last edited by Marik on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bob_32_116

"The Ultimate Collection"

Post by bob_32_116 »

To call any CD the "ultimate" Bob Lind collection that does not contain "It's Just My Love" is just laughable.
A shame really, because otherwise the album seems to represent good value for money. Still I would almost consider paying the extra US$30 or so for the Footsteps album to get I"t's Just My Love".
Once again, I congratulate myself on having snapped up Footsteps when the asking price was not quite so far up in the stratosphere.
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Guest (above) is right in his suspicions.
The "ULTIMATE BOB LIND Collection is a home-made bootleg. My manager, in tandem with EMI, has tried to get to the bottom of it and their best efforts to find a "Black Tulip" record company have yielded nothing.
It's just another rip off. The first 22 of the songs are from my compilation CD THE BEST OF BOB LIND (You Might Have Heard My Footsteps), which is now out of print.
The other three are from an album called THE ELUSIVE BOB LIND -- a recording I never authorized even when it was new.
The cover is clearly a mock up of my first World Pacific Album DON'T BE CONCERNED.
I urge you to steer clear of this thing.
Better to download the tunes from one of the legit sites.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

I think the "ultimate collection" has an improved audio quality :-) and sound better than my "You Might Have Heard My Footsteps" Cd

Bye
Steve
Last edited by Guest on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob_32_116

Says who?

Post by bob_32_116 »

Guest wrote:I think the "ultimate collection" has an improved audio quality :-) and sound better than my "You Might Have Heard My Footsteps" Cd

Bye
Steve
I feel that on matters like this it's best to take statements like this with a grain of salt when they come from someone speaking as "Guest". Who knows, this could be the guy who put together the Ultimate Collection CD himself.

Personally I have not heard the Ultimate Collection CD but I have no complaints about the audio quality of the Footsteps album.
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

What do we know about the registered members other than their online or first names? What do we know of their motives? Come on! This site was created as a forum for the exchange of views, asking and answering questions, and learning stuff. Maybe the audio is better on the bootlegged cd.
Obviously he has heard both and knows. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the loyalists on this site already secrectly own the bootleg. The members and guests should appreciate the views of all, except maybe that mortgage guy.
By the way, I am not the guy who posted earlier with his audio quality opinion. I am a guest and a Bob Lind friend and fan.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Well said Bob...that's actually what I was thinking too. When I first saw this CD for sale a few months back, my first thought was why didn't Bob tell all the board members or put it up for sale on his website? And sure enough, Bob confirmed that it's a bootleg. My "Best of" CD sounds just fine, and I don't know how much better any of "The Elusive" songs could sound...and for almost $30, apparently none of which goes to Bob, I'm not too anxious to find out the "superior sound quality" that this so-called "Ultimate Collection" has to offer. I'm too excited for the legitimate "Since There Were Circles" CD to come out anyway.