Who Is This Guy ?

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

bill

Who Is This Guy ?

Post by bill »

Who is this guy ? Mr. Lind moved to Facebook a long time ago. However it would be nice to occasionally visit this site and perhaps hear something about Bob and not from " Who ?" I've been a member of this board since inception and just don't get it.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Re: Who Is This Guy ?

Post by grant »

I did a little collating of threads for clarity's sake.

I do think we're walking uphill here against a technological/social pressure that Facebook is exerting on all online forums. Or fora, if you prefer. Someday, Facebook will devolve into something else, I think - but it hasn't happened yet.

A thriving community really needs at least five different conversations with entirely different participants (so at least 10 active members, if not more) to really seem healthy to me. Nearly all the healthy communities I see nowadays are all people trying to fix things and appealing to expert problem-solvers for advice (Linux installations, DAW settings, broken appliances). Every "fan" community I know of seems to have moved primarily to some kind of social media... or else transformed into comment threads under, like, regularly posted reviews or podcasts or something (in other words, a small group making a thing every couple of weeks and their readers/listeners talking about the newest thing for a couple of days). That's the phase we're in.

Likely to change eventually.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Who is anyone?

Me, I see myself as a die hard Bob Lind fan who loves to access this forum to learn of Lind related news.

Personally, I don't have a problem with post-ees (?) who post personal philosophical enlightenments - as long as they're Lind related, etc etc etc.

But, then again, it's not my forum, dudes...

("Smoozin' the King", indeed...! :)
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Peace, Brother...

You misunderstand.

My quote was my joy at the outrageous opening lyric by The Man Lind - no reference to your good self intended or indeed considered.

Keep on doing what you feel you should do....

"Let it make you beautiful, let it sing you like a song..." :) 8) :wink:
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."